VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have some files I have recorded uncompressed on a black magic hyperdeck though some video hardware encoders.

I would like to calculate the PNSR from the original file that was played into the encoder (which started as a file).

I need some way to easily match the frame of the file recorded on the black-magic....... then run the test...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Neil
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by themoog View Post
    Hi,

I have some files I have recorded uncompressed on a black magic hyperdeck though some video hardware encoders.

I would like to calculate the PNSR from the original file that was played into the encoder (which started as a file).

I need some way to easily match the frame of the file recorded on the black-magic....... then run the test...

Did you mean measure the PSNR of the uncompressed hyperdeck output file ? And the other video file is the "source" ?

Is there a mismatch somewhere ? (e.g. where some frames cut off or edited, or did you play the file and didn't sync the hyperdeck) ? One way to match them would be to edit/cut the uncompressed output e.g. with vdub, then plug them into ffmpeg PSNR .

The uncompressed v210 output of the shuttle is 10bit422, so very likely it wont give perfect PSNR values unless the source was also 10bit422 . For example, if the source was 8bit 4:2:0, the method and scaling algorithm of bit depth and chroma scaling come into play.
    Quote Quote