VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy a VSO converter software :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All,

I have a .webm (video) file. I wish to burn a DVD of that file so I can watch it on a TV/DVD player.

Ashampoo FREE Burning Studio 6 requires a folder containing VOB, IFO and BUP files usually found in a folder named Video_TS.

I launched Ashampoo and clicked Browse but it won’t proceed because there are no VOB, IFO and BUP files, just a .webm file.

VLC Media Player can convert video to other formats but VOB, IFO and BUP are not listed.

I would very much appreciate your insights and suggestions as to how I might burn a DVD of a .webm file?

Thanks so much!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use AVStoDVD to make a DVD folder structure (VIDEO_TS) or ISO image and burn with Ashampoo FREE Burning Studio (ore ImgBurn)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi videobruger,

Thank you for sharing that.

I was glancing at this thread - http://club.myce.com/f32/avstodvd-guide-331620/

MrC recommends that you have AviSynth, ffdshow and Haali media splitter installed into your system for best compatibility with various types of media files. Edit: Mr C has moved on to using the LAV filters, and I recommend using them instead. This is optional (except AviSynth), but I also believe it is the best course to take unless you have a specific reason not to install these into your system.

My questions are:

1. If I wish to burn a DVD-R of a .webm file to play a non-blue ray DVD do I need to download and install all 3 - AviSynth, ffdshow and Haali media splitter?

Or will ffdshow suffice?

2. Does AVStoDVD provide you the specific option to save or export your project as VIDEO_TS which Ashampoo searches for when one burns?

Thank you again for all your kind help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD by definition is "non-Blu-Ray". There are DVD's and Blu-Ray discs. Blu-Ray discs are not "DVD's".

As to your actual questions:
    1) you would install whichever are needed by your software, or whichever you intend to use. You really only need one, but each one could output different results.

2) I don't know as I've not used it. Should be easy enough to check if you have it installed.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Hi videobruger,

Thank you for sharing that.

I was glancing at this thread - http://club.myce.com/f32/avstodvd-guide-331620/

MrC recommends that you have AviSynth, ffdshow and Haali media splitter installed into your system for best compatibility with various types of media files. Edit: Mr C has moved on to using the LAV filters, and I recommend using them instead. This is optional (except AviSynth), but I also believe it is the best course to take unless you have a specific reason not to install these into your system.

My questions are:

1. If I wish to burn a DVD-R of a .webm file to play a non-blue ray DVD do I need to download and install all 3 - AviSynth, ffdshow and Haali media splitter?

Or will ffdshow suffice?

2. Does AVStoDVD provide you the specific option to save or export your project as VIDEO_TS which Ashampoo searches for when one burns?

Thank you again for all your kind help.
    Don't use ffdshow and Haali splitter. Just install the LAV filters instead.

By default, AVStoDVD will output as DVD-video, which has a folder with the Video_TS folder within it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi Kerry 56,

Thank you so much for sharing the links and your experience.

I'll try to follow through on all that this weekend.

Thank you again for your kind help.
    Quote Quote