VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This thread was made when I was a teenager and I am so sorry about the tone and messages. If you need help with a newer, much better AYC, feel free to PM or post it anywhere I'm active on (videohelp: this thread if the moderators allow it, github, sourceforge and reddit). The original thread starts below.
    Hi all,

I have made a program, well I say program its actually a batch script based on ffmpeg and youtube-dl turned to exe using Bat to Exe Converter, and I want all of your support and honest reviews to help me find any problems with it and for further development.

So here goes,

I know there are a lot of alternatives everywhere which have a proper GUI and has way more functions than this simple script. I don't know how to build one but in the future I will do that as well.

But the main attraction of this is the ability to choose between VP9 and x264 streams. (I am sure some other programs must have got this too, but hey I can't find one!)

For those who can't see the picture clearly;

Features:
    1. Download 4K, 2K, 1080p, 720p, 480p, 360p
    2. videos with audio.
    3. Playlist Downloader with resume capabilities.
    4. MP3, M4A Audio Downloader with Cover Art.
    5. Download Experimental VP9 Video codec.
    6. Compatible from Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10.
    7. Light on CPU Resources as it runs solely on CMD.
    8. Programmed as a Windows Batch file so you can edit the source code on sourceforge and make your own Youtube Downloader.

Sourceforge Project Link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/advanced-youtube-client-ayc/

I have also uploaded the source code here (a batch file with a .txt extension for safety reasons) - https://sourceforge.net/projects/advanced-youtube-client-ayc/files/Source/v2.0.bat.txt/download

Thank you Ricardo Garcia for his youtube-dl and the FFmpeg developers for making such wonderful pieces of softwares.

I have made quite a few rubbish scripts in the past and posted those to sourceforge, but I really like this one so I am giving it to you guys for your valuable comments.

HTML Code:
    PS: Don't download anything prior to v2.0 as they contain an automatic updater which has the characteristics and attitude of a trojan which might set off your antivirus alarms.
    Last edited by Adithya; 23rd Oct 2023 at 11:30.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do not wish to appear uncharitable. After all you have, on the face of it, achieved something I could never do but I have to ask what do you gain by compiling this.

Now I have not downloaded or even ran the program (or the underlying bat file) but surely if this runs under CMD you could simply run the bat file as is.

I did read the bat file much of which is over my head but I also ask this. Videos are downloaded to the 'My Videos' folder. Yet this location varies according to the OS and I can not see any line(s) to allow for this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    I do not wish to appear uncharitable. After all you have, on the face of it, achieved something I could never do but I have to ask what do you gain by compiling this.

Now I have not downloaded or even ran the program (or the underlying bat file) but surely if this runs under CMD you could simply run the bat file as is.

I did read the bat file much of which is over my head but I also ask this. Videos are downloaded to the 'My Videos' folder. Yet this location varies according to the OS and I can not see any line(s) to allow for this.
    First of all, thanks for taking the time to check on this.
    About the code, its uses an environment variable to select the My videos folder which I believe is supported at almost all the popular Windows OS'es.
    The code is hard to read in Notepad, but it makes sense in PSPad. I didn't thought It would be this hard in Notepad.

How it look's in Notepad:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_346.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	436.0 KB
ID:	39455

How it look's in PSPad:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_347.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	39456

Why did I do this? To be honest this is just an experiment.

But what if in a rare case, someone wanted to download a entire Youtube Playlist in 2k VP9 Codec? Then This would be useful.
    Quote Quote