VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I've noticed that if I open subtitles with right click on screen > Open > Load subtitle... (Alt+O) they're not showing up in its language (they show up in English). If I drag and drop that subtitle, they normally show up in the preferred language. That started to happen after last PotPlayer updater I think, and only happens on mkv files. Do you guys probably know how to fix it and what causes it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try an older version of Potplayer

https://www.videohelp.com/software/PotPlayer/old-versions#download

If it works then report it as a bug over at https://potplayer.daum.net/forum/ and wait until it has been fixed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I've just checked and figured out that it happens only on certain mkv's. I'll try it with some more files, and will try those mkv's with an older version of Potplayer. Thanks for the answer Baldrick.
    It's really one of the best players around.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are these files that worked previously? Not all files have multiple language tracks, or may not contain a track which contains the default.

You could also edit the files to remove all unused subtitles. Then the player config doesn't matter.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi
    i have a problem with some srt subtitles.
    sometimes when i play a file with subtitle, even though its a srt subtitle it acts like a vobsub and for example when i drag the mouse down of screen in full screen, the subtitle acts like a picture sticking into the screen and don't move up if you know what i mean.
    what can i do to make this subtitles normal when playing?
    Quote Quote  
  6. There's an option under Video-Extend/Crop for adding a bottom margin for subtitles, and another under Subtitles for displaying the subs under the video when possible. Either of them active?
    Quote Quote  
  7. yes. they are active.
    when i was using km player, when i lowered my mouse subtitle would move up so it didn't hide under the player tool bar.
    but now in the pot player this will not happen and it is a problem for me.
    please help...
    Quote Quote