VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've searched and searched and have not been able to find a pure file DEMUXER for AVI files. No, I'm not talking about conversion (there's many of those), but simply raw file demuxing of the individual video (i.e. H264, etc.) and the audio (i.e. AC3, etc.) file tracks.

I've tried many programs, like Avidemux, but I just don't see an option to do a simple file demux without some form of conversion. If there is, please let me know how.

For m2ts/ts, tsMuxerGUI has been indispensable for working with the m2ts file types (i.e. remux, adjusting audio timing with the video file, demuxing, and minor video editing). Unfortunately, it doesn't support AVI files/structures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Code:
    ffmpeg -i "input.avi" -an -c:v copy "output.avi"
    ffmpeg -i "input.avi" -vn -c:a copy "output.mp3"
    Will produce an avi file with no audio and demultiplexed mp3 audio (or for ac3 name the output file "output.ac3")
    Quote Quote  
  4. VirtualDub:
    Open AVI, File/Export/RawAudio.

VirtualDubMod:
    Open AVI, Streams/Streams List, select the audio stream (if there's more than one), click Demux.

Both can adjust the audio delay when re-muxing, and both have a "direct stream copy" option for video and audio.
    Quote Quote