VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. In 2008 I transferred my DV tapes to my PC as .avi files. The program I used split them up into 640MB files or less, so any recording over 3min 6 secs has multiple files part 2, part 3 etc. I can’t remember what program I used to transfer the files over to my PC. I am now only able to play the first part of any DV .avi file . ie the first 3mins 6secs. The remaining parts 2 , 3 and so on are not recognised as video files. The lead file plays fine and shows the correct run time, but once it reaches 3mins 6secs the file stops playing. All the other DV avi files with run times of less than 3mins 6secs play just fine in MPC-HC

I have tried a file joiner program but it did not work. Only the first section is playable and once it gets to 3min 6secs the video player stops.

These PC files are my only copies of recordings of my son. Is there any way for me to rejoin the avi files which are split and view them past 3mins 6secs ?
    I would greatly appreciate any help
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Post MediaInfo of good & bad, or hex dumps of the headers...

Guess: splitting was a RAW binary split so pt2,3,etc don't have proper headers/metadata.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    You could also try concatenating them manually. Open a command prompt and navigate to the folder where the files are stored. Enter the following, specifying your actual filenames.
    Code:
    copy /b input_1.avi + input_2.avi + … + input_n.avi output.avi
    Quote Quote