VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a number of mp4 files (clips off of u-tube) that I want to copy to a BluRay disc. I'm using BurnAware, but it won't start the process. There is no error message and BA's web site is useless as is the built in help.

Can mp4 files (media) be copied to a BluRay and if not WHY NOT???? I see nothing anywhere stating that they can't. If this is suppose to be known, I flunked the mind reading course.

(FWIW; the player to be used to play those files does play mp4 files from a USB memory stick ).
    Why are ones and zeros so complicated? Linear Video Editing was easier. Downloading & streaming are two different things.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
    I have a number of mp4 files (clips off of u-tube) that I want to copy to a BluRay disc. I'm using BurnAware, but it won't start the process. There is no error message and BA's web site is useless as is the built in help.

Can mp4 files (media) be copied to a BluRay and if not WHY NOT???? I see nothing anywhere stating that they can't. If this is suppose to be known, I flunked the mind reading course.

(FWIW; the player to be used to play those files does play mp4 files from a USB memory stick ).
    I don't use Burn Aware, but frequently use ImgBurn for burning data files to BD-R, so I know burning media files as data is possible. However the BD-R has to be empty/unused, and the drive has to be a Blu-ray burner, not a BD-ROM/DVD+RW combo drive. What is the make and model for your drive?
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Goldstar (LG) WH14NS40

The program recognizes the burner & two different mfg discs ok, but the lame program doesn't show any errors.

I tried it 1st as BluRay, then Data Disc, then I tried it with a regular DVD, but none would work (again with no error box popping up.
    Why are ones and zeros so complicated? Linear Video Editing was easier. Downloading & streaming are two different things.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I own a WH14NS40 too. It's definitely a burner and worked when I used it for burning data files to a BD-R with ImgBurn.

Does BurnAware create a log file?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes you are right on both counts. I installed ImgBurn (which I had, but didn't have installed) ran the program and it did work. I haven't tried it in the Yamaha BluRay player yet.

If BurnAware has a log file, I can't find it. It's not in the Program folder, nor in buried under User/[UserName]/AppData/Roaming (running Win7). All I found is a .ini file by itself.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes you are right on both counts. I installed ImgBurn (which I had, but didn't have installed) ran the program and it did work. I haven't tried it in the Yamaha BluRay player yet.

If BurnAware has a log file, I can't find it. It's not in the Program folder, nor in buried under User/[UserName]/AppData/Roaming (running Win7). All I found is a .ini file by itself.
    Given your problems with BurnAware, unless you are using a paid version of BurnAware, I'd just forget about it if I were you and use ImgBurn, since you know ImgBurn works.

Since that Yamaha Blu-ray player plays the same files from a USB stick, seems likely that you will not have a problem playing them as media files burned as data on a BD-R, but testing is still a good idea. It is not impossible that your player would only play authored Blu-ray burned as such using its Blu-ray drive. It is very possible that a player will play some MP4 files, but will reject others.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is a paid version, it's BA Pro

Anyway, the disc did play back ok, thou one file came up "unsupported" and froze the POS Yamaha player (as usual) There are all mp4's.
    Last edited by videobruce; 30th Oct 2016 at 15:59.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is a paid version, it's BA Pro
    If you paid for the Pro version of their software, you should be entitled to receive support. You should email BurnAware support to see if they can help you.
    Quote Quote