VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello at all.I'm from Italy.My Pc:HP Pro 3515 Microtower ACPI - Windows XP SP3 Pro 32Bit- DualCore AMD A4-5300,3600 MHz (36 x 100) - DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c) - 1431 MB RAM (DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM) - Seagate ST500DM002-1BD14 SCSI Disk Device (465 GB).
    I have the latest version of PotPlayer,1.6.63840.This is a portable done by me with Universal Extractor,and work very well.I have LAVFilters Installed (portable) and
    selected in the Filter Priority (overall) section prefer.I have LAVFilters selected for all types of streaming like Audio Video etc...
    When i look a MKV file the image is very good,my problem is with AVI file...The image is Pixelated and not well like MKV.When i solve this?In Video Section i have selected Video Renderer Auto (Recommended) or what Video Renderer i choose for a better Image quality?Or what setting in the Video Section is good for me?Anyone can help me?Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried that AVI file in other players? Like MPC-HC, WMP, SMPlayer, etc.

If the file was poorly encoded or wrongly muxed, then it will be problematic to ALL players (except to VLC, perhaps), not only to PotPlayer.

Also, both MKV and AVI are containers, not video formats

A MediaInfo report OR a sample from the .AVI might help — no guarantees though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you El Heggunte.But i don't want to change or try other mediaplayer,because i consider PotPlayer the best,in my personal opinion.I try only to set PotPlayer at the best with my pc.Maybe do you have or do you know a detailed PotPlayer guide?Or what Video Renderer do you suggest me?Also DXVA work with XP SP3?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You don't need to change media players, but it is helpful to test the file in multiple players.

For example, if the file also doesn't play in MPC-HC, then there is likely in issue with the file itself, not PotPlayer nor it's configuration. If it plays fine in MPC-HC, then it's likely a PotPlayer/PotPlayer config issue.

No reason to spend/waste a lot of time mucking about with the PotPlayer config and possibly creating an actual issue if the file in question is simply corrupt/damaged/incorrectly created.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the answer.But anyone suggest me to change default Video Renderer in PotPlayer settings?Or a Pixel Shader settings?Or a detailed PotPlayer guide?Thank you.
    Quote Quote