VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi ***

please I wonder if there is a way to get interlace output from the .avi uncompressed generated with the Pismo File Mount/AVFS plugin for avisynt.

Is this possible? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. If your input content is interlaced, output content is interlaced.

But you're probably wondering if there is a way signal to the receiving application whether or not content is interlaced. No. You have to interpret the footage in the receiving application
    Quote Quote  
  3. mmmm cats, I need to do some proof but really I don't have some interlaced YUY2 video files

For example: can virtualdub generale interlaced .avi YUY2 uncompressed file? I think not, or I mistake?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by marcorocchini View Post
    mmmm cats, I need to do some proof but really I don't have some interlaced YUY2 video files

For example: can virtualdub generale interlaced .avi YUY2 uncompressed file? I think not, or I mistake?
    Yes it can generate interlaced content AVI YUY2 . But not necessarily flagged interlaced (there is no metadata or big label showing "hey I'm interlaced")

So the receiving application doesn't automatically know if the content is interlaced or progressive
    Quote Quote  
  5. maybe the catrazor have an internal way to write files with flags for interlaced or progressive. I think he call "In Sync uncompressed YUY2 .AVI" his files.
    However I attach 2 file export from the nle: one is recognized as "No Fielding" (progressive), and one as "Even Fielding" (interlace BFF). I have analize the header in all the way but I cannot understand where is the differences. The file called "outEVENfielding.AVI" is recognized as right as a interlaced file, but the output of the avfs system is seen as "No Fielding". I don't know if all the question is only a internal flag or the stream type

If I feed the catzaror with a file of virtualdub, he see this output as "No Fielding" but the content is interlaced and he treats all as right but... during editing he don't deinterlace the images
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. The MJPEG case:

I open a .MXF file in virtualdub and encode one time in PicVideo MJPEG 2 field ---> MJPEGinterlaced.avi (attached)

I open a .MXF file in virtualdub and encode one time in PicVideo MJPEG No Field ---> MJPEGprogressive.avi (attached)

the razor see correctly both the files. In the interlaced case apply his internal deinterlacer to playback image

But I cannot control the output of the avfs system and really I cannot understand where is locate the flag that signal the decompressor the interlace content
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. General
    Complete name : V:\outNOfielding.AVI
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    Format profile : OpenDML
    File size : 7.91 MiB
    Duration : 80 ms
    Overall bit rate : 830 Mb/s
    Tdat : tc_O

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : YUV
    Codec ID : YUY2
    Codec ID/Info : YUV 4:2:2 as for UYVY but with different component ordering within the u_int32 macropixel
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2
    Scan type : Progressive
    Compression mode : Lossless
    Time code of first frame : 00:00:00:00
    Time code source : ISMP

General
    Complete name : V:\outEVENfielding.AVI
    Format profile : OpenDML
    File size : 7.91 MiB
    Tdat : tc_O

Video
    Codec ID/Info : YUV 4:2:2 as for UYVY but with different component ordering within the u_int32 macropixel
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Time code of first frame : 00:00:00:00
    Time code source : ISMP

However both this files is outputted from the catrazor.
    The problem is that the output of the avfs system is not recognized from the catrazor as interlaced

This is the output of avfs (virtual file):

General
    Complete name : C:\Volumes\C0790_HD_C__Users_Administrator_Desktop _Nuova cartella 9_C0790_HDproc.avs\C0790_HD_C__Users_Administrator _Desktop_Nuova cartella (9)_C0790_HDproc.avi
    File size : 874 MiB
    Duration : 8 s 840 ms

Video
    Duration : 8 s 840 ms
    Bit rate : 829 Mb/s
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 16.000
    Stream size : 874 MiB (100%)

Despite this, maybe if the avfs/avisynht expose a standard flagged interlaced output maybe the problem is solved.

So I wonder: is there a way to change the code of avfs so that it expose a Hey I'm interlace flag? or the problem is not only a flag but the entire stream?
    Last edited by marcorocchini; 28th Oct 2016 at 17:20.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You'd have to contact the author to see if it's possible through avfs (I doubt it)

But I'm curious that *****razor is able to write an uncompressed YUY2 AVI with "scan type: interlaced". Even though the output is top/bottom (non standard in today's world), this suggests that there is a flag somewhere and that it's possible. Can you export a non top/bottom uncompressed YUY2 AVI with "scan type: interlaced" ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. This is purely codec functionality - if your codec support interlace flag and field dominance type then all can be done automatically but if your codec doesn't support such functionality then you need to be such flags (i.e. you are fully responsible for using source with interlace and field dominance).
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    You'd have to contact the author to see if it's possible through avfs (I doubt it)

But I'm curious that *****razor is able to write an uncompressed YUY2 AVI with "scan type: interlaced". Even though the output is top/bottom (non standard in today's world), this suggests that there is a flag somewhere and that it's possible. Can you export a non top/bottom uncompressed YUY2 AVI with "scan type: interlaced" ?
    the last load outNOfielding.AVI outEVENfielding.AVI are outputted from the **** ***** for **** and in the showned mediainfo are correctly progressive (outNoFielding.avi) and interlace (outEvenFielding.avi).

If you want, but is a little big, I load on my dropbox other outputs of few second in "even field parity" mode (interlace) and "no fielding" mode (progressive), and also in mjpeg (but strangely the "no fielding" mjpeg item is recognized from my mediainfo as interlace).
    In Uncompressed the progressive .avi is the one with the 2 images image "stacked" even if in avisynth is possible to get image normal (interleaved).

Sometimes the "interlace flag" in video files could be question of 1 or 2 byte in the header of avi... or I don't know exactly

however seems that the *** output correct with flags (in fact mediainfo recognize interlace for the "even field" one, and progressive for the "no fielding" one) meanwhile avfs not: it don't have flags so the receiver usually interpret this condition as alwais progressive

[Attachment 39151 - Click to enlarge]

Here other 2 exported uncompress

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4mk282xo0wg5er/razorcat.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by marcorocchini; 29th Oct 2016 at 05:30.
    Quote Quote