VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi - I wanted to just update my e-mail address but when I visit settings it requires me to re-set my password.

How do I *just* change my e-mail address and *not* change my password?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    That page says:

You must enter your current password if you wish to change your password or email address.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If I just type in my new e-mail it gives me an error.

If I type din my new-mail with my old password it gives me the same error message.

Pls share the exact step-by-step process since typing in my new e-mail with mu old password does not work.

I do not wish to change my password so I do not wish to type in a new e-mail and a new password.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. 1. Enter your current password in "Enter your present password to continue:".
    2. Leave "New Password:" and "Confirm New Password:" empty.
    3. Enter your new E-Mail in both "New Email Address:" and "Confirm New Email Address:".
    4. Click "Save Changes".

If it still gives you an error show us the error message. You are probably either entering the wrong current password or an incorrect e-mail address (not a valid address or wrong confirmation).
    Quote Quote  
  5. I followed your directions explicitly. Yet, still I get the same error message. There something wrong with this Forum's server which IT needs to address. I've enteredClick image for larger version

Name:	10-27-2016 Video Help Forum - Change PW error.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	39076 the correct pw and left the new pw empty and entered my new e-mail address in both windows - still the same error message.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Works just fine here. Do you still have access to your old e-mail address? If so use the "forgot password" function to reset it.
    If not, try a different browser.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is there an administrator or moderator I can e-mail about this?
    Quote Quote  
  8. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Is there an administrator or moderator I can e-mail about this?
    But of course

https://forum.videohelp.com/members/311-Baldrick
    Quote Quote