VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ### NOTE - v4.7 of AdobeHDS GUI is my final version, as there are other programs now, simpler and perhaps better to use. ###

I now view AdobeHDS GUI and the PHP script as redundant (certainly for my uses). URLDown Dropper (listed below) is its replacement.

I AM NOW NO LONGER WORKING ON ANY OF THESE PROGRAMS.

Other related or supplementary programs in this topic can be found at the following links.
    URLDown Dropper Now OBSOLETE
    Run Program Move Window
    Whirlpool Forums Users Only (AUS)
    Dropbox URL Edit
    SBS Users Only (AUS)
    SBS YouTube-DL GUI +++ GetSBS List Now both OBSOLETE.
    SBSphp GUI (redundant) Now OBSOLETE.
    Ripper Users Only (AUS)
    Ffmpeg Mimic (probably redundant) Now OBSOLETE.
    TheViewer (new) Now OBSOLETE.
    This is my Windows GUI (frontend) for the AdobeHDS.php script.

https://github.com/K-S-V/Scripts
    https://github.com/K-S-V/Scripts/wiki

I originally found out about the AdobeHDS.php script at another VideoHelp Forum posting.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/342430-F4F-capturing-converting?p=2132938

Links to various things, along with some setup instructions, can be found in the Information.txt file included in the zip file.
    A Step By Step.txt file is also in the zip, along with the AU3 (AutoIt script source).

The Firefox plugin (HDS Link Detector) has been adapted to work in the Chrome browser, and in Opera too.
    (Opera will require you to also install the Chrome Addons Support plugin.)
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hds-link-detector/eokdbmimjpcdehjmlcfkhcldagjpkflb

See the next post (#2) for the version history of updates.
    Some new features include file conversion support with Ffmpeg (copying FLV streams to an MKV or MP4 container plus audio/video syncing).
    See Post #3 for more screenshots.

Thanks to KSV for making it all possible.

SBS Users might be interested in another two GUI I whipped up ... see Post #17 and Post #23.
    ALL might be interested in another GUI of mine at Post #39 for using youtube-dl.exe instead, or the Dropbox at Post #52.

Enjoy!

N.B. The GUI program was built on Win XP (partially tested, no Internet) and used on Win 7 (lots of testing, Internet).

ADVICE - I have not yet been able to test the newly added Proxy options, so v2.8 is hot off the press, and thus may have an issue with that feature.

WARNING - I have not yet had occasion to test new Resume features in v3.3, but all should hopefully be okay.

Screenshot for the Console of v3.7
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Console_3-7.png
Views:	467
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	40169

AdobeHDS GUI v4.7.zip (1.06 MB, 281 views) NO LONGER WORKING
    Last edited by Tombs; 31st May 2018 at 03:04. Reason: Expand or Update
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HISTORY
    -------
    (v1.1) Support for MediaInfo CLI added. After downloading and segments are joined, then if filename title has been specified, size and duration (via MediaInfo) are recorded to Log file, as well as the Finished time. JOIN mode has been added, for joining without downloading, if segments exist in program folder. Title can be imported from clipboard. Various bugfixes & implementations. Step By Step text file created.

(v1.2) If Authentication, User-Agent, Referrer fields are empty when their checkboxes are enabled, then any stored value for them is returned. Those fields, when not empty, along with the Manifest URL field, are compared with stored values on program closure, and if a match is not found, a query to update each will be presented. Scrolling and scrollbars added to those four fields as well. The Manifest URL field is now cleared after the BAT file process has finished. If needed, you can restore that Manifest by clicking the GET CLIP button. Destination folder button added to main program window.

(v1.3) Added a FAVORITES button plus Favorite Video Titles List window. GET CLIP button now displays the larger Clipboard icon. Step By Step file updated.

(v1.4) Added a Close Favorites window option, plus a Use the Series & Episode Detail when going to web page. Some elements were resized and or relocated to accomodate new features.

(v1.5) Added a Download Results dialog to show video size & duration, plus time taken. A GET button was added for Basename, plus options and buttons to fix segment names or delete segment files. Check option added for free drive space. Some improved reporting. Size and Duration added to START JOIN process, along with Join Results dialog. Existing fragment files are detected before starting the download process, with options to delete all fragments or ignore them (resuming etc) or abort downloading.

(v1.6) Bugfixes for apostrophe in Title and small clipboard icon (Win 7 etc). Added a checkbox to remove any space in Episode (Ep) text. Step By Step file updated to include instructions for the START JOIN process, which does not use online connectivity.

(v1.7) Bugfix for any illegal filename characters in Video Title. Improved reporting.

(v1.8) The get title from clipboard button, clicked while holding down CTRL key, adds to the existing Video Title, putting a space dash space between the two elements ... remembering that the button also has a toggle feature. Two other JOB types added to JOIN and DOWN - (1) CREATE, which just creates the BAT file as usual, but stops after that, and (2) BATCH, which will execute the current BAT file, bypassing the creation stage, but still engaging monitoring and reporting by the GUI program. CAUTION - Do not use the BATCH option for a START JOIN created BAT file. Especially as CREATE does not create START JOIN batch files anyway. Title section on Favorites window now has a don't add checkbox, allowing the use of the 'Set As Video Title' and 'Go To Web Page' buttons, without creating a new list entry.

(v1.9) Added some file size checks & assignments, relevant to resuming. Options to not record to Log file or monitor the BAT file process, were added. Buttons on the Program Options window moved around to accommodate changes.

(v2.0) Added my own version of the DOS console as an alternative, to improve monitoring and provide an auto close once BAT has finished, without errors, unless specified not to close. Alerts Information now moved to second window of Options Information dialog. Both the main program window and the new console one, have their position saved on exiting.

(v2.1) Forward (/) and backward (\) slashes now changed to space plus space ( + ) in Video Title. Favorites and Program Options windows now take their Top Left position as the same set for the main program window. Bugfix for Web Address change on Favorites window exit check. Added a button to toggle between two Web Address URL examples. Added a video conversion option for downloaded video, to either MKV or MP4, using Ffmpeg. Etc.

(v2.2) Series can now be a Year. Added a Full Video Title field, that can be modified by user to specific requirements. Added facility for user to add URL Examples to toggle. Added a List button and text file. Favorites window controls modified to suit changes. Step By Step instructions in that text file were updated. Start time for downloading and decreasing fragment count are now shown on the Console. Minor Bugfixes.

(v2.3) Percent done is now displayed as part of Console title. Time elapsed is now shown after Start Time at bottom of Console window. Minor URL bugfix. Limits for Series & Episodes raised from 199 to 999, with related controls resized to suit. A default 'Audio Sync' value (0.2) can be retrieved to that field, by clicking that black label. Abort by user from Console, may now produce a query about remaining processes.

(v2.4) Bugfixes & improvements for Console auto & manual exiting. The last Video Title set via the Favorites window, is now used as the selection when re-opening the Favorites window. Holding down SHIFT, while clicking the ADD button on the Favorites window, now provides a Rename facility for a selected title. Bugfixes - Belatedly realized I had not adapted the Console for the START number (now fixed) or the JOIN process (now disabled).
    NOTE - I have been so busy, that I have not tested JOIN since the Console was added, and have very little recall of the specifics reported in the DOS console, from the (couple) small number of times I've used JOIN. So using my Console will have to wait for a later program update, though to be honest, any JOIN is usally over before you know it, it is that quick, so probably overkill to use my Console. So don't hold your breath waiting. I have not yet full tested the START fix, but it should be okay.

(v2.5) Time Elapsed and Time Remaining are now part of the Console window title. An End Time is now displayed where Time Elapsed used to be, plus a Total Time has been added alongside that, to the right, with the exit advice text having been reduced in size.

(v2.6) Added a Progress Bar for Percent. The downloading segment number now overwrites the previous one, so no new line is created. Though all lines are still created in the 'Results.log' file. Added an option on the 'Program Options' window to show or not, the Console's 'Results.log' file, after a successful download process.

(v2.7) Due to the possibility of too much memory usage, the Console window title is not continually written to anymore, instead the Console window has been modified to suit a better layout & feedback, reducing the progress bar in length and moving exit advice text to the Console window title. Some other minor improvements added, plus disabling of other newer controls on main window, during downloading (which had been overlooked). An option of 'none' was added as a conversion type, as a way around the new 'Convert' query option in Program Options, that displays a query dialog after video downloading has finished, when conversion hasn't been set for that title. If Console window is minimized when download ends or window closes, it will be restored first.

(v2.8) Full Video Title is now checked & fixed for illegal filename characters, when Video Title is not added to Favorites list (somehow this got overlooked). Some minor improvements to Console time reporting. 'Set As VIDEO TITLE' button has now had another line of text added to it - 'On Main Window'. Added a Proxy field and ability, plus a PROXIES button to go to the 'Hide My Ass' proxy list website (INI file can be edited to change that URL address).

(v2.9) Due to being unsure, I have now made wrapping the Proxy in quotes, optional via a setting (I strongly suspect quotes are not required). Added extra checking and fixes for title and web address issues. Added a clipboard button for Proxy, plus disabling of Proxy options on main window, during downloading. Added support for a possible proxy program.

(v3.0) Added two fields and code to Console to show estimated final video size and growing video size (Mb's or Gb's). Options for showing Times &/or Size were added to the 'Program Options' window. Added an Increment button for Full Video Title on Favorites window, to increase any trailing number (or with CTRL, decrease). Added a web button for Basic Video Title, to add it to any existing Basic Web Page Address, in that field.

(v3.1) Finally remembered to add in sound options (Program Options), for when a download finishes.

(v3.2) Bugfixes & improvements to some naming & convert, plus better support for a Proxy program. Added a CONVERT only job process to assist with continuation (recovery) from a User error or mistake regarding conversion. MP3 and MID files now supported for Sound.

(v3.3) XXX Fix with SHIFT. Based on more experience now, the Resume of a failed download process has been properly determined and thus the method and advice improved. STEP BY STEP instructions have been updated with new advice about resuming. Added a detection process to check on whether 'php.exe' is still running after the Console has been manually closed, giving the user a query to close it if so.

(v3.4) Added an extra key to hold down (ALT) to get the Exit prompt for the Console. This was done, because of instances of unwanted queries (for me). The specific default keys to hold down now are SHIFT + CTRL + ALT, but they can be manually changed to other choices via the options in the 'Settings.ini' file, provided the user knows what they are doing. To restore a default, set the current value to nothing (blank). Even more alternatives exist in the AutoIt programming language Help file, but probably the safest and best are those few I have listed. Changing the keys, will of course mean the Console title message may be incorrect, so the user will need to remember their changes. Added an option on the Favorites window, to restore the Favorites window, after a download has finished.

(v3.5) Conversion Query now displays greater clarity and an extra option. Single quote removal for XXX URL. Added facility to minimize main program window again while Console window is displayed and running, by holding down CTRL + SHIFT. NOTE - The Console window is a child window of the main program window, which is why it gets minimized when that does. To overcome this, the Console window when running, must send the minimize command to the main window, via user interaction. So every 10 loops it looks for the key combo held down. If ALT is also held down, it shows the EXIT QUERY dialog instead.

(v3.6) Added an existence check, to confirm overwriting (replacing) an existing download. The remaining free drive space is now displayed on the warning message query. Added a list for downloaded video files, titles only (which is part of the Record Logs setting, plus two other entries in the 'Settings.ini' file which can be manually modified, if desired). This 'Downloaded.log' list file is accessed via the renamed LISTS button on the Favorites window. Added a Warning if adding an existing Manifest again. Attempt at improving file download size prediction (checks average size after every 10 segments are downloaded).

(v3.7) Had cause to want a PC Shutdown option, so added that to Console window. If enabled and no processing error halts things, you get 5 minutes to cancel Shutdown after download has finished and any required conversion has occurred. Next time the program starts you get presented with Results.log and Record.log (if enabled), to check on how things went.

(v3.8) Implemented a 5 second delay, before checking that 'php.exe' is still running, after the Console closes. If 'php.exe' is still running and 'Show Results' is not enabled, then 'Results.txt' will be shown anyway, for checking. Added a Window Active check when checking if user used hotkeys to close (exit) the Console during downloading.

(v3.9) Added detection and query about using the same Manifest as last download process, which would occur if the previous failed and you are trying again or doing a resume. It may however, also be because of a user error, so this has been added to help avoid doing the same video download twice, especially if different titles get used for same video.

(v4.0) Added a text removal for '?' found in an XXX url. Favorites window is no longer set to open after a download (and conversion) has finished, unless the 'Set As VIDEO TITLE' button was used. That last means less clicks when using this program with my GetSBS List companion program. Other text improvements.

(v4.1) Free Space on drive is now shown on some Information Dialogs and the Batch query. The query to Convert now has OK set as the default button. Finding the Last item used on the Favorites window, now defaults to matching from the left (but this can be manually changed in the Settings file). If a selected video title has no Convert option set, when the Favorites window is being closed, then user will now be prompted to abort closure.

(v4.2) Holding SHIFT down when clicking the Increment button on the Favorites window, now removes the Episode text and number from Title, plus any trailing blank space now gets trimmed. Duration Splash & DOS Console window can now be hidden, by manual editing of a 'Settings.ini' file entry in the [Duration Splash & Console] section. Done by changing 'hide=4' to 'hide=1'.

(v4.3) Added a get manifest Automation process. VERY EXPERIMENTAL, see setting dialog for more information. This includes a popup tester, etc. A facility for SessionKey was added to the JOIN process job, using a query prompt and executing the Results.log file. Check for exit (user request via CTRL-SHIFT-ALT) from Console window is now done twice as often. The 'Results.log' file can be viewed instead of 'Record.log' file, by holding down CTRL while using the text button in the 'Record Logs' section of the 'Program Options' window.

(v4.4) Added XXX and SBS buttons to right of large clipboard button, whose width has been reduced to accommodate. These buttons allow independent use of the watching for manifests process, which avoids the use of the Favorites window as a requirement. The XXX button is not limited in this context to yYYYY URLs, but more a multiple manifest grabber. The SBS button is for any single instance URL manifest. Added a 'Guess' process, that tries to get the right manifest ... this can be disabled on the Automation Settings window if needed. If an XXX download, and Automation is enabled (with Guess), then a guesstimate of Video Duration will be shown on the Download query dialog. Automation process was improved.
    MY USE ONLY - All XXX (multiple) manifests are now stored/replaced in the settings file each session, for future checking purposes.

(v4.5) Bugfix for non-cleared video time taken from earlier manifest. Added a sub-folder ability (same as that used in GetSBS List), for the destination of downloaded video. Not all aspects of the program (but hopefully all the important ones) will use sub-folders. RESET button added to Automation Settings window, to restore default values for size & position of the Manifest popup.
    NEW ADVANCED USER FEATURES - Added an option to open the 'Settings.ini' file from the Automation window's Information dialog. Made the flexible options for correct manifest size detection, as four INI entries (less_width, more_width, less_high, more_high), that can be modified dynamically in the 'Settings.ini' file, before detection starts.
    IMPROVED - Three of the four values, have been increased to cope with the recent yYYYY changes.

(v4.6) Minor Bugfix & improvement to sub-folder creation code (there was a flaw in my logic ... for which I blame a bad cold).

(v4.7) Added a fix option for yYYYY Domain name. Added an experimental URLDropbox ability and button, to use in place of the HDS Link Detector addon (yYYYY mostly supported, and maybe some other sites. SBS Australia not yet supported). Added a button to remove a HD value (inserted by URLDropbox) from the Manifest data, that may be preventing a download. NOTE - This is perhaps my final version, as there are other programs now, that are simpler and perhaps better to use (i.e. youtube-dl.exe). See later posts in this topic for some of my other related/alternative programs.
    Enjoy the much improved latest version!
    Last edited by Tombs; 31st Dec 2017 at 12:18. Reason: Add an update
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Program Options Window

Name:	Options_3-1.png
Views:	319
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	39463
    Last edited by Tombs; 31st Dec 2017 at 12:00.
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks a lot, it seems to be an awesome too. I will give it a try and I will get back to you with a feedback/if I encounter any problems
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @mohamed - Thanks. It would be great to get some feedback.

@all - I forgot to mention, that the Firefox plugin has been adapted to work in the Chrome browser, and in Opera too, if you also install the Chrome Addons Support plugin.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hds-link-detector/eokdbmimjpcdehjmlcfkhcldagjpkflb
    Quote Quote  
  6. Ok, i ran into this error "you have to install and enable the following extension(s) to continue: "curl".

the guides didn't mention anything about installing curl though...? else if I have to install, is there's any portable method to do that?
    and thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mohamed View Post
    Ok, i ran into this error "you have to install and enable the following extension(s) to continue: "curl".

the guides didn't mention anything about installing curl though...? else if I have to install, is there's any portable method to do that?
    and thanks in advance
    Ok, first things first. Did you edit the php.ini file entry for the curl dll as was mentioned in my instructions.

If you did, then you may need to download a copy of curl.exe from a reputable site, which is easy enough to find, and put it in your Windows folder. I already have it there on my system, but you may not. Actually, I was mistaken, I had it elsewhere, not the Windows folder, so it shouldn't be required.

All I had to do, for myself, was edit that php.ini entry.

C:\php\php.ini

Do a text search in that file, for 'curl'.

In my copy of the file, I had to change

;extension=php_curl.dll
    to
    extension=ext\php_curl.dll

Don't forget to remove the remark character ';' at the start of the entry.
    Last edited by Tombs; 3rd Nov 2016 at 11:58.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Updated first post to include v2.7 and a new screenshot.

Details can be found at the end of Post #2.

Screenshot of 'Program Options' was also updated.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't had occasion yet to use the --proxy parameter (and some others), as I just use my program with a couple of local public broadcasting channels. In fact, I am not even sure how to use it, and would need to see an example I can understand enough, before implementing it into my GUI program, even if it is just for others to use.

Primarily I create my programs for myself, but once I have gone to all that effort, it seems a shame not to share, so I do share them generally.

Of course, another reason I share, and provide the source code, is that others might feel like contributing, and we all may benefit, especially if someone has greater knowledge than I do in some related areas, and is willing to share it or update my code.

EDIT
    As it turns out, I made the mistake of forgetting I was using a truncated text file copy of the Wiki, so have since discovered that some proxy examples do exist. So I have now added the proxy parameter support to the next update of my GUI, including the force option.
    Last edited by Tombs; 5th Nov 2016 at 00:55. Reason: To fix something
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By the way, for those who have not realized.

You can use the CREATE option (START CREATE) to just create the basic BAT file entries, then open that BAT file from the Program Options window (top button), then tweak the entries (i.e. add in --proxy etc). Then save and close. Then back on the main program window, run that BAT file using the BATCH option (START BATCH), which will provide you with the full benefit of using my program (i.e. monitoring, reporting and conversion).

Please note though, it has had next to no testing yet. So please give feedback.
    Last edited by Tombs; 4th Nov 2016 at 02:55.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi mohamed,

You might like to take advantage of my latest update (v2.8), which has the Proxy parameter you wanted. Feedback would be much appreciated if you do.

As it turns out, I made the mistake of forgetting I was using a truncated text file copy of the Wiki, so have since discovered that some proxy examples do exist. So I have now added the proxy parameter support to the latest update of my GUI, including the force option.

Cheers,
    Tombs
    As Tombs requested I will be replying here instead of using PMs, so that everyone can also see and possibly contribute.

Thanks a lot for adding this feature even though you don't use it, I really appreciate your help
    So far, I've tried the proxy parameter in the CLI mode, and it didn't seem to work, but It might be that the proxy I used weren't working, so I will try to find a working proxy and I will try it with your GUI, Once I figure out sth new, I will give my feedback

And thanks again for all your huge efforts on making this GUI
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Updated first post to include v3.1.

Screenshots for all were updated.

@mohamed - Thanks!
    Last edited by Tombs; 16th Nov 2016 at 08:47.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Updated first post to include v3.3.

Quote Quote  
  14. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No worries.

Interesting Fun Fact of the day - I happened to have jDownloader 2 open when I obtained a Manifest, and was surprised to see it capture the data and present four download options. I then on my next Manifest observed the same thing, and decided to download the highest quality MP4 it presented. Those familiar with jDownloader, will know it is a very powerful and capable downloader, second to none in my experience. It never occurred to me, that it would work with a Manifest URL. Kind of seemingly makes the PHP script and my GUI redundant, except for a few nice features of my GUI (naming & favorites etc). The benefit in going with jDownloader remains to be seen, but I imagine resume is supported and multiple downloads at once, perhaps even batch downloading for validations that don't time out too soon. Then there is encryption, which it might have wider support for, etc , etc.

For the record, the MP4 file that was downloaded by jDownloader, was not playable on my hardware NeoTV 550 Media Player, but was playable on my Netbook using Media Player Classic.

To make it playable on the Neo, I had to copy the streams using the following BAT file. Similar commands as used within my GUI for conversion to MKV.

Convert Video to MKV.bat
    @echo off

set fname="%~n1"

"C:\Program Files\Ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe" -i %1 -vcodec copy -acodec copy %flname%

pause
    cls
    exit
    Just place that (line by line) in a txt file, then save and rename the txt file to - Convert Video to MKV.bat

IMPORTANT - change the path "C:\Program Files\Ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe" to match that on your PC.

To convert your MP4 to MKV, just drop the MP4 file onto the BAT file. The process should only take several seconds to complete (file size dependent).

EDIT
    Obviously, you need to still use the HDS Link Detector (Firefox/Chrome/Opera plugin) or other URL sniffer, to get the Manifest URL for jDownloader.
    Last edited by Tombs; 21st Nov 2016 at 03:49.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Updated first post to include v3.4.

Details can be found at the end of Post #2, Screenshots at Post #3.

P.S. Barring any bugs, this will probably be my last update for a while, unless other ideas come to hand that are attractive enough.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For SBS users only (just Australia I am guessing). Now OBSOLETE.

The following program (another GUI frontend I whipped up) is an alternative method, plus it provides a way to get the subtitles file.

It requires PHP to be installed and a PHP script by bte - sbs_cmd.php

Some of my code was based on the example BAT file by pcspeak - sbs-php v06.cmd

My thanks to them both, and any other contributors. They can be found at the Whirlpool Forums.

Download includes the AutoIt source. Any further instructions, detail or links required, should be found in the AdobeHDS GUI zip file (first post).

UPDATE HISTORY

(v1.1) Disabled PAUSE in BAT file (can be reinstated via entry in 'Settings.ini' file), and added a delay of 5 seconds instead. Most messages regarding Subtitles now exit after 4 seconds and a final informative message appears on the 'Download Result' dialog. Program Information and EXIT buttons now disabled during downloading.

(v1.2) Changed the method used for downloading the Subtitles file. Added a Download Query dialog (with an auto-continue), that allows for just downloading the Subtitles file (if available), whether the 'Grab' option is enabled or not. Implemented a web connection ping check (Google Server) before proceeding with download process.

(v1.3) Added a List with a batch facility for downloading. Added a Log.txt file & ability.

(v1.4) Fixed the double up of the word 'Duration'. Made changes to the detection of ID, to also accept a 11 digit string, with an extra alert dialog in the mix. A line separated multiple URL list, is now accepted, and the URL can just be 'ID Number/Video Title'. The list works great using my companion piece 'SBSGet' program. Program window now remembers the last position it was at, when closed. BONUS PROGRAM also uploaded (SBSGet), which is a companion piece to SBSphp GUI.

(v1.5) Added an Options window, with settings for Dialogs and Splashes. Program window was widened to accomodate an Options button, plus a Status field. Other fields etc have been moved around. The Status field shows current program activity and Splash messages (in case Splash use is de-selected). The Status field is also a good way to determine if a dialog hasn't been responded to (On Top is off, so hidden behind other windows), and is holding things up. The 'On Top' setting for dialogs during the download process, is a simple affair of ON or OFF for all (that includes error dialogs, so check Status field). Added a run minimized option for DOS Consoles.

(v1.6) Added some minor changes, including more buttons disabled after START button is clicked and enabled after download(s) completed. Link for the PHP script by bte, is now updated, to that needed for the SBS change fix.
    IMPORTANT
    The 'SBSGet' program is experimental.
    With that in mind, and also because of my respect for M3M1E, please do not view it as a part replacement for SBSRipper, which has a better GUI and is more user friendly anyway.

This program, and it's companion piece 'SBSphp GUI' are really only suitable for those who like to tinker, and have a bit more control over things.

For the average SBS downloading person, it is far better they use and thus give support to M3M1E, as he is likely to continue with updates then, whereas my program may disappear at any time or no longer be updated or supported.

At the moment, you can gain batch downloading via my two programs, but some things, especially compared to SBSRipper are quite clunky to perform (having to respond to dialogs etc). SBSRipper is also just one program, whereas you need to run both of mine to achieve a similar download process.

I am also pretty sure, that M3M1E has a greater understanding of SBS coding requirements than I do. So please continue to support his work on both Rippers. I still use the Rippers as SBS etc database viewers, though only with SBS still, because of thumbnails and nicer browsing GUI.

Even though I have created 'SBSGet' and 'SBSphp GUI', I still mostly use 'AdobeHDS GUI', which I also created. That program still has advantages over those other two programs, and even the Rippers, though it has no batch ability. Its new 'PC Shutdown' option nearly makes up for the lack of batching though.

UPDATE HISTORY (SBSGet)

(v1.1) Added a TO field, plus a Thumbnail ability. Clicking on the Thumbnail will produce a large Splash image, and moving the mouse sufficiently or clicking the left mouse button will close the Splash. Re-arranged and resized some elements.

(v1.2) Forgot to restore the Oracle element for looking into the future. It has now been added back in as a checkbox option when 'Today' is selected.
    Last edited by Tombs; 31st Dec 2017 at 12:09. Reason: Add an update
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Updated first post to include v3.6.

P.S. Barring any bugs, this will probably be my last update for a while, unless other ideas come to hand that are attractive enough.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Updated first post to include v3.7. Also added a v1.3 update to Post #17. No rest for the wicked.

P.S. Barring any bugs, this will probably be my last update for a while (probably mean it this time), unless other ideas come to hand that are attractive enough.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Added a v1.4 update to Post #17, plus a bonus companion piece program.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The bonus companion piece program, SBSGet, has been updated to v1.1 at Post #17.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SBSGet, has been updated to v1.2 at Post #17.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For SBS users only (just Australia I am guessing).

I AM NOW NO LONGER WORKING ON THIS PROGRAM.

The following program, GetSBS List is a renaming & modification to SBSGet.
    It is very experimental, and I am already working on v1.4, which has several improvements.
    Instead of me just talking about all I am doing, I thought I would upload what I have done so far, so those who want, can play.

I recommend you don't install to same folder as you currently have SBSGet in ... not that anything bad will happen, just that it is best to allow defaults to occur, before you change anything. The program window is now wider, and you select a Mode to get started (Mode 2 is the default).

NOTE - Depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the power of your PC, the Mode 1 (SETUP) will take quite some time (as you can see in the screenshot's Summary field, it took almost 2 hours on my slow Netbook). Luckily you should only need to run Mode 1 once, and then Mode 2 (UPDATE) regularly from then on (daily maybe). Use Mode 3 (PURGE) once in a while to do some cleanup etc. Use Mode 4 to load the whole local database, via the LOAD LOCAL button, or if you only want items from a specific time period, use the same LOAD LOCAL button while in Mode 2 (UPDATE). Mode 8 (if available) is essentially what you have been using with SBSGet, and is no longer recommended ... and to stop issues with the new mode processes, uses different database files.

FEEDBACK - It would be nice to hear back, on how quick Mode 1 is for others.

Name:	GetSBS_3-5ex.png
Views:	214
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	41951 Click image for larger version

Name:	GetSBS_3-8opts.png
Views:	198
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	42259 Click image for larger version

Name:	GetSBS_4-0.png
Views:	200
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	42886

UPDATE HISTORY (GetSBS List) (formerly SBSGet and very experimental)

(v1.3) Program name changed to 'GetSBS List'.
    Icon modified to reflect name change.
    Range updated to 1-6000
    Added '5 Years' to FROM field.
    Many elements re-arranged on GUI to suit the new Mode options. GUI is wider too.
    Modes added - Mode 1 (previous process) and other 4 are new methods (part or full).
    Mode 1 uses original files (Titles.idx, Details.ini).
    Other Modes use new files (IDList.idx, Database.ini).
    LOAD LOCAL button (Mode 3) now shows videos from the specified TO and FROM period.
    Program Information expanded & adjusted.
    PURGE button (Mode 4) removes unwanted files, expired entries & duplicate ID's.
    A summary of Times and Stages, for SETUP and PURGE is displayed in the Summary field.
    Options.ini file can be manually edited to specify 'Splash' screen window position.
    PAUSE key exit during the download process, was added.
    Minor bugfixes & improvements.

(v1.4) Program window height can be adjusted, with the 'Videos Available' list adapting to suit.
    2 Days and 5 Days were added to the time period choices.
    When fields are cleared, any thumbnail is also cleared now.
    Program window is 10 pixels wider and an OPTIONS button added.
    An OPTIONS window was added with access to some new & old program settings.
    Added an alternate color for Available and Expires labels.
    Added an option to not use Splashes if desired (uses labels instead).
    If Splashes are used, options added to specify exact position on screen.
    Option added to disable Splash always being on top of other windows.
    Option added to disable some Dialogs always being on top of other windows.
    'Check & Report Items Only' option added for Purge Expired, with a facility to then remove all or only select expired items from a resulting list (includes the option to create an expired items list, instead of just deleting them).
    Any Video ID without accompanying detail in the database, is now blanked (which is removed along with duplicates, when that Purge option is used).
    Range can now be specified on the Options window. That and some other fields are compared & stored when the window closes.
    A font size can be specified for the Summary field, to make reading easier.
    Added an option to allow downloading of all stages first before extracting.
    GO button added to visit SBS Ondemand web page for a selected video.
    Added a 'Mode 6' to load a list of previously relocated expired items, that may have been created by one of the new Purge options.

(v1.5) Removal button and options added for Mode 6.
    'Sort & Remove Duplicates' now occurs at the end of SETUP (after Stage 30).
    The word 'relocate' added to the relevant Purge dialog, to make things clearer.
    Direct access to delays for some Dialogs was added to Options window.
    GUI is wider again (10 pixels), to widen some buttons etc.
    Added a button on Options window to test Splash Screens.
    Warning about Mid Program position for Splash, only shows once a day now.
    Program default for Range, changed to 1-7000.

(v1.6) MAJOR BUGFIX - Download date method now improved and being updated for Updates.
    Bugfix/Improvement to aborting Extraction.
    Text replacements (for Html substitutes) added for Title and Summary.
    Bugfix for clicking on next entry after a removal.
    Summary field increased in height by 20 pixels.
    Mode numbers changed around (Mode 1 became Mode 6 and all others decreased by count of 1).
    In Mode 4, you can now do a date based load of local database, with the FULL LOCAL button now being used to load the entire local database. Mode 2 remains date based only.
    AdobeHDS GUI can be set to open with the GO button (either with or without the web page or vice-a-versa). This includes setting the file name and the file type to convert to.
    Added showing times in Summary for an Update.
    Added '...select...' to the Date fields, which uses a Calendar style popup to select an exact date and time (for use with LOAD LOCAL).
    Added a Search ability (Titles), using 'Video Title' field for search text input.

(v1.7) Bugfix - Local database now gets blank lines removed after a Purge.
    Search Options added, allowing Title &/or Summary entries for loaded items to be searched. Two search items can be used, with an AND (+) and an OR (|) (i.e. Black|White).
    Added a 'Restore Date Query' to restore previous download date, if video entry count from an update is zero (this is a play it safe option).
    Changed Mode 6 to Mode 7, and added a new Mode 6, which features a Download List.
    NOTES - The best method to create the Download List, is via one of the LOAD buttons in Mode 4, and then (after specified items have loaded) using the large clipboard button (changed to a Hand via the Options window), with selected video items. Once done, go to Mode 6 and click the DOWN LIST button. You can then use the entries with the GO button, one after the other. The Download List need not be solely used for downloads, it can also be used for a Checklist, etc.

(v1.8) MAJOR BUGFIX (again) - When opening the OPTIONS window after using the SETUP process, the Range, which changes during different stages of the SETUP process, was being read from memory and then inserted into the Range field. This meant, that when the OPTIONS window closed, a difference was noted and the new value stored. In this scenario, you were then probably ending up with a Range value like '5801-7000' instead of '1-7000'. This had an impact on the UPDATE (Mode 2) process, which always failed to find any new entries for me. This situation has been rectified, and the stored value for Range is read and inserted when the OPTIONS window opens. This wrong situation is checked for, with this version of the program, and it attempts to remedy the situation via a prompt on program start up. It also restores the SETUP date as the Last Download Date, so that any videos available since then, don't get missed. That last is needed if UPDATE has been used while in the wrong Range state. Any overlap should be seen as duplicates and pruned.
    Added a query option if UPDATE doesn't result in new entries found, which allows resetting to the previous Last Download Date.

(v1.9) Improved the UPDATE (Mode 2) process, to use a date & time 4 hours earlier (by default) than the SETUP date or last UPDATE date. This is a necessary overlap to prevent missing items that were listed by SBS later than their 'Available' date. This earlier time can be reduced or increased, by manually modifying the 'Options.ini' file (earlier=4 entry) (that number indicating hours). The value can be set to '0' to disable this new feature, if desired (but not recommended). NOTE - The 'Last Download' date & time is set at the start of an UPDATE download, but has now been changed for SETUP, to be set at the start of Stage 1, rather than Stage 30. The 'earlier' option species how many hours before that to get the update for (i.e. starting from).
    Added some more text replacements.

(v2.0) Added LOAD Options and UPDATE Options to Options Window, plus an Open the program folder button. This means you can further filter what Titles are loaded, by specifying use of Search Text. You can also now specify within program, the overlap in hours preceding the Last Download date & time, while also backdating that period to the Prior update time or that of the original SETUP process.
    Faster method of reading Titles and populating lists has been added, though it won't be immediately apparent until subsequent use, as it needs to make changes first for each list, as they are used. WARNING - First use of this upgrade, means any existing lists will take significantly longer to finish loading. Subsequent use should be very fast compared to previous experience, though not so much when filtering by date. New users not impacted.
    Mode 5 (EXPIRED) has now become Mode 7, with Mode 6 (DOWNLOAD LIST) changed to Mode 5. A new Mode 6 (REMOVALS) has been added. Previous Mode 7 (GET NEW) has either been changed to Mode 8 or disabled/removed. At this point, you can reinstate Mode 8, by manually editing an entry in the 'Options.ini' file ... in the [Download Method] section, change 'old=4' to 'old=1'. Added more feedback during removals.
    NOTE - Because of significant changes made by this program, when it first starts up, it creates a backup of all database and index files, plus the 'Options.ini' file, in a sub-folder called 'DB_Backups'. That can be deleted, when you are sure all upgrades to existing database files, have worked successfully. If not, copy those files back to the main folder (overwriting any existing), and then revert to using the previous version of the 'GetSBS List' program (or try again/report what happened and wait for a fix).

(v2.1) Some bugfix like features have been implemented, so that buttons are more easily enabled etc after use (mainly for Modes 5, 6 & 7). If OPTIONS window gets minimized, then the main program window is now also minimized, to prevent the seeming no response on main window buttons, etc. A 'Step-By-Step' instruction file has finally been created and added, and it can also be accessed from within program, via the OK button on the 'Options Information' dialog that is available via the OPTIONS window.
    Added a soft remove ability for main video list. By holding down CTRL while clicking an entry you get a removal prompt. This is great to remove items from a search result, that you especially may not want removed totally, when REMOVE ALL is going to be used.
    Updated some detail on second window of Program Information, which needed an overhaul and so now displays differently to previously, unless Mode 8 (old) is enabled.

(v2.2) Implemented Virtual INI processing (disabled by default), just for testing at this point. It can be enabled in the 'Options.ini' file, and uses its own set of database and index files (Virtual.ini, IDVirt.idx). It doesn't use any previous entries from the main local database, keeping completely separate. This includes 'Last Download' date & time. So you should be able to swap back and forth between Virtual and non-virtual, and they will be independent of one another. Those who want to test, can change 'virtual=4' to 'virtual=1' in the '[INI Processes]' section of the 'Options.ini' file.

(v2.3) Version 2.2 code rescinded, so as to reduce checks involved that supported the Virtual code. This is due to the Virtual process not producing the desired results, just making things worse. Added a feature, where holding down CTRL while clicking the small FIND button, toggles the 'Load Options - Use Search Text' state. Likewise, holding down CTRL while clicking the REMOVE button, toggles between the REMOVE ONE or REMOVE ALL setting & state. Up to six search texts can now be used in the 'Load Options - Use Search Text' field, with each separated by a pipe '|' character, acting as an 'or' statement.

(v2.4) Minimizing the GetSBS List window when the GO button is used, is now an optional setting.
    The Sort and Remove Duplicates process has now been implemented for UPDATE (Mode 2). The number of new entries added during an UPDATE, after removing duplicates, is now reported,
    which is handy for assessing what the 'hours earlier overlap' value should be.
    'Remove Options' changed to 'Removal Options', with a combo now used for REMOVAL button choices, and a 'Query' checkbox added for soft removals using CTRL key and selection.

(v2.5)Important BUGFIXES.
    Not sure why, but one or more entries relocated during Purging, were not showing up on the Expired list when loaded, until the program was closed and then restarted, so I have now implemented a different method, rather than waste further time chasing down this elusive & annoying bug.
    Due to the way Timestamp is determined, a wildly advanced date like 9999, as shown for some entries as their expiry date year, was returning a value that meant it was determined as being expired during any Purge, so this has been fixed.
    A restore selected entry to main local database option, was added for Modes 5 & 7. This is done by using SHIFT when selecting an entry.
    GO button has been moved a bit and enlarged for easier use.
    NOTES - When this update first runs, you may be prompted about wrongly expired items. If so, then it is recommended you select YES. Or if you prefer, you can use the new Restore option later, to restore any entries from the Expired list, that shouldn't (etc) have been purged & relocated.

(v2.6) AdobeHDS GUI on its own, can now be started without a list entry being selected, using the GO button (independent of the checkbox selection). Bypassing the use of AdobeHDS GUI, can now also be achieved (without changing program settings), by holding down CTRL when the GO button is clicked.
    The title when Use Search Text (Load Options) is enabled, now has a red background.
    After an UPDATE, a 'Display Query' dialog now appears, prompting for removal of duplicates from the Results list, so that only newly added entries to the local database are shown.

(v2.7) Support added for 'SBS YouTube-DL GUI.exe', including executing with large clipboard button. Added an option to allow copying an encrypted video ID (and Title) to clipboard list. See Post #39 for SBS YouTube-DL GUI.exe (SBSGetterer) and screenshots.

(v2.8) Some Modes can now load an entry based on specified date (i.e. 2017/04/03) in Video Title field. This is enabled by holding down SHIFT when clicking (toggling) the FIND button.

(v2.9) Clicking the Expires label returns the date portion of any displayed Expires date to the Video Title field, or returns the current date there if the Expires date field is blank.
    The Available date label when clicked increments that date (use with CTRL to reverse increment ... de-increment).
    Holding down ALT when clicking a list entry, stops the Video Title field text from updating.

(v3.0) Clicking the Expires label (with CTRL down) returns current date to the Video Title field.
    Clicking the ID Index label clears the Video Title field, and unlocks filter text.
    Filter text is now locked into the Video Title field, once used.
    LIST button added, to view the AdobeHDS GUI download list file, if applicable.
    Folder button added to open the AdobeHDS GUI download folder, if applicable & set.
    Star button added, to toggle between the three states (Title/Search/Load) for the Video Title input field, which has also had a minor makeover display wise.
    And finally, my 'piece de resistance' for this update, some level of automation to get the Manifest and enter it into the 'AdobeHDS GUI' automatically (Firefox support only ... but see the dialog when selecting the option, for a Chrome possibility) - this is EXPERIMENTAL so the process may fail. Enable or Re-enable the option to see more detail.
    NOTE - This option is very dependent on the HDS Link Detector popup window size, which does change according to manifest data, but also could very well be different depending on your PC screen resolution. I have catered automatically for the former, but not for the latter, though I have provided some 'Options.ini' file settings, that a savvy user could modify. To do this, see the [Get Manifest] section entries (left, top, width, height), and use them in conjunction with any results returned in the [Popup Found] section. I can explain further in a post at the VideoHelp forum, if anyone has trouble and asks.

(v3.1) Added improvements to the get Manifest Automation, including adding a popup tester window (via 'Test Popup Results' button), accessed from the 'Options' window. This should mean no need to manually edit the 'Options.ini' file for this automation feature. You just cycle through the popup windows found (some are hidden ones), and SET the correct one. It is possible this may need to be done more than once, if the correct popup window is not a midrange size one. Once a midrange size has been set, all should be good from then on. If Video Title input field does not contain a date, when 'Available' label is clicked, the current date is returned there. Clicking the GO button, a timed prompt now appears about a query to add Title to the URL (Title is not normally used, just ID). Bugfix for program window width, for thumbnail image & related. Added an INI entry for specifying a 'wider' value for Program Window, as I found this to vary between my Win XP and Win 7 machine. The 'wider' value for me with my Win 7 PC, proved to be double that of the Win XP one, so 16 instead of 8. Users can manually change the 'wider=8' in the 'Program Window' section of the 'Options.ini' file, if they notice width issues with the main program window. The value might need to be larger or smaller than the default of '8'. This is a Windows issue that varies from machine to machine I expect, and is border thickness related, and so no doubt due to whatever Theme is being used (Aero, etc).

(v3.2) Improved the 'Add Title to URL' feature, including a recommended option of removing the series text. Using the SBS URL search facility is also now an option, for problem IDs.

(v3.3) Added options to save the Summary and/or Image for a video to file(s) when the GO button is clicked. Added filtering by ID as another toggle option for loading. Added PNG support for Thumbnail and full size Image. Bugfix for black Thumbnail display when none. Holding down CTRL while clicking the ID clipboard button, presents an input for renaming the ID & related entries. Holding down CTRL while clicking the Thumbnail image, presents options to Save the full image to file and Summary to file. NOTE - When saving to file, a sub-folder can be specified in 'Program Options'. The Summary can be saved to either a .txt or .nfo file. NFO file is in an XML format supported by some Media Players (Info). Some improvements made to various options, including the new 3 choices (ID, ID & Title or Search) for when using CTRL with the GO button, to just go to the web page only, with no downloading setup initiated. A CNT (count of ID digits) button was added. If SHIFT is held down while clicking the ID clipboard button, then only the ID is copied to the clipboard, not full URL.
    EXPERIMENTAL - Two methods have been added, to attempt to fix a wrong video ID. The first (ADD) is activated by clicking the 'Rating' label, which will present a notification dialog and change color. The second (REPLACE) is activated by clicking the 'Duration' label, which will also present a notification dialog and change color. ADD will only activate if the currently selected ID is less than 12 digits. To use the selected fix (one at a time), click a List entry. ADD will go through and place an extra number at every position, until the thumbnail works (or not). REPLACE will replace every digit until the thumbnail works (or not). Both methods may fail, if the error is something else. On the success of a thumbnail, the entry has all ID elements updated to correct one.

(v3.4 EXPERIMENTAL - Added another Fix option, enable/disabled by clicking the pink 'Video Title or Search Text or Load Filter' label, which will turn dark yellow (green text) when enabled, plus display a notification dialog. This new fix overrides the other two if enabled after or vice-a-versa. It operates when a list item is clicked, and queries the SBS website for the correct ID for the currently selected video. Also added, is a similar operation that works seemlessly automatically for Modes 1 & 2. This new operation is to prevent errors with a video ID, but can be disabled by deselecting the checkbox in Program Options, in the renamed 'Range & HTTP' section. NOTE - If all goes well with HTTP/1.1 enabled, then the 3 fix options will only be necessary for old list items, where the ID is wrong. The first two fix items (ADD & REPLACE) should almost be redundant though, superceded by the 3rd (QUERY). Thanks to pcspeak from the Whirlpool Forums for detail for this latest fix.

(v3.5) Added an EXCLUDE LIST button & option for downloaded list items, as another method of reduction before items get saved to the local database. NOTE - It may however add to reduction & extraction time, but this may be made up elsewhere in program usage.

(v3.6) Minor update to match improved sub-folder creation used by AdobeHDS GUI.

(v3.7) Minor Bugfix to sub-folder creation code (was a flaw in my logic ... for which I blame my cold).
    Added a RESET button on 'Program Options' window, for default size & location of Manifest popup. Increased the flexibility of size detection a little (with new INI entries).

(v3.8) Major Update with lots of changes, to better support my SBS YouTube-DL GUI program. Large Clipboard and GO buttons have been modified to be more logical, with the GO button taking over the prior launch option portion of the large Clipboard button. The GO button works with whatever program is now set as the default for it on the Options window. The large Clipboard button only shows the clipboard icon in Mode 5, showing a hand icon in all other Modes, where the button is used to add selected entry to the Download List. In Mode 5, the clipboard button still copies to the same list, but for use with the Clipboard instead, which can then be used with the SBS YouTube-DL GUI program, by clicking the GO button. Some options have been removed from the Options window, which has undergone some significant changes. The GO button can also be used (with no program set or holding down CTRL) to just go to the selected entry's web page. NOTE - With 'SBS YouTube-DL GUI' set as the default program, any entries showing on the URL's/Download (Copied) video list, are seen as a Clipboard List, and so will take precedent over any currently selected item, which will just be ignored (in that context). In other words, you don't need to be in Mode 5 to use the currently listed items. When clicking the DOWN LIST button in Mode 5, the Copied List is no longer cleared automatically. That last allows you to build up list of items using the filter options. CLEAR button added to easily clear the Copied List. Information in some dialogs has been updated, and the Step-By-Step.txt file instructions have had the most important sections updated.

(v3.9) Added support for executing my 'URLDown Dropper' program. Made changes to how programs and paths are displayed on the 'Options' window. LIST button also works for the Log.txt files of other programs. Those savvy enough can add their own choice of suitable programs by editing some INI file entries.

(v4.0) Added a one second delay for video list selection results. NOTE - This can be adjusted in the 'Options.ini' file, but is to prevent thumbnail queries to SBS from being too rapid. For each Mode, you can now save the current list of entries to a Mode file, using the new SAVE button and restore the list using the new LOAD button. In Mode 2 after an UPDATE has finished, the displayed entries are automatically saved to the Mode 2 file. NOTE - Previous Mode file entries are always replaced on subsequent SAVE or UPDATE, so do not rely on these files beyond next use recovery.

(v4.1) Added a MATCH button, to have the 'Videos To Download' list match the Copied URLs list. Added another DATE filter called 'Load by Date Filter (before)', to load all videos that expire before the specified date.

(v4.2) Added another FIND option when in Mode 2, which is an online SBS search based on the title specified. This is a FIND option that allows you to ADD a non-existing entry to the local database if desired, or UPDATE an existing one. Added a slight improvement to text replacements. NOTE - For the FIND option to work, some text must exist in the 'Video Title' field and the program must be in Mode 2. That text can be replaced or edited during the resulting query prompt, before the search occurs. FIND button is on the right of the 'Video Title' field, with a magnifying glass icon.

(v4.3) Added improvements to the new FIND option - Existing entries can be skipped (via a prompt), and same for those without the search text in the title, plus it is now possible to cycle back one item (using CTRL with NO), and current line number and total of lines are now shown. NOTE - I found these to be desirable options because you can get a lot of items returned with some searches.

(v4.4) Added more improvements to the new FIND option - Title can now be updated, and if the entry is not shown (displayed) on the current list, it gets added. LOAD (and sometimes GET) button in Modes 2 to 7 now present a prompt, for the number to start at, with the higher starting number being the more recent additions to the list ... this can speed up loading time significantly, and more easily help with narrowing down entries. NOTE - When using a Filter search, then except for the Text filter, this new prompt feature is skipped (doesn't work).

(v4.5) I have taken on board some criticism, and provided a method to change Font Size for four fields (Video Title, Summary, Copy List, Video List). Summary method was already in existence, but it has been tweaked to accomodate the three others. I have also added an Advise dialog about Splash when starting the SETUP process, if Splashes are enabled.
    GetSBS List v4.5.zip (566.8 KB, 128 views) NO LONGER WORKING
    Last edited by Tombs; 28th May 2018 at 20:38. Reason: Add an update
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List (SBSGet), has been updated to v1.5 at Post #23.

This is probably my last update for a while, to this experimental bonus program.

Will be working on some improvements to SBSphp GUI next.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Includes IMPORTANT BUGFIX.

GetSBS List (SBSGet), has been updated to v1.6 at Post #23.

This is likely my last update for a while, to this experimental bonus program.

Should be working on some improvements to SBSphp GUI next.

My apologies, for overlooking the case of the download date not updating after an UPDATE.
    The upside is, I have re-thought and rewritten that section and made it better than it was supposed to be. In short, it means the date is now recorded immediately after the download, and before any reduction & extraction, which means only a few seconds rather than several minutes. Previously that was not the case, and it was very possible videos could be made available by SBS in that short time period and thus overlooked by the next update.
    Look here for some basic Step-By-Step instructions. (will provide better ones soon)
    https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2320227#r52764122
    Last edited by Tombs; 10th Feb 2017 at 03:05.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Note IMPORTANT BUGFIX was added to the previous version (and is also included here).

GetSBS List (SBSGet), has been updated to v1.7 at Post #23.

This may be my last update for a while, to this experimental bonus program.

Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Note, there has now been another IMPORTANT BUGFIX added to this new version.

My apologies to those few who may have been impacted.

GetSBS List (SBSGet), has been updated to v1.8 at Post #23.

This may be my last update for a while, to this experimental bonus program.

Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Note, there has been IMPORTANT BUGFIXES added over the course of the last few versions.

My apologies to those few who may have been impacted.

GetSBS List (SBSGet), has been updated to v1.9 at Post #23.

The somewhat complex reasoning for this latest update appearing so soon, can be found here.

Obviously I am providing new updates as things come to mind or are discovered, but aside from that, I am not intending to provide any more for a bit.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Folks, if you are using GetSBS List, I recommend you change the earlier=4 setting in the 'Options.ini' file to earlier=12.

You can read about the reason here.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AdobeHDS GUI, has been updated to v4.1 at Post #1. See details at Post #2.
    It appears I forgot to upload a few updates, that were delayed due to testing, and then my being busy with other stuff, including GetSBS List the companion program for SBS users.

GetSBS List (SBSGet), has been updated to v2.0 at Post #23.
    WARNING - First use of this upgrade, means any existing lists will take significantly longer to finish loading. Subsequent use should be very fast compared to previous experience, though not so much when filtering by date. First-time users are not impacted.
    Quote Quote