VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v3.0. See Post #52.

IMPORTANT - A bug that has been fixed, crashed the program, so users should update.
    Last edited by Tombs; 23rd Aug 2017 at 09:30.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v3.1. See Post #52.

BUGFIX - For chapter points from 100 minutes onward, with MKV files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List, has been updated to v4.1 at Post #23.
    Last edited by Tombs; 25th Aug 2017 at 11:07.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v3.2. See Post #52.

NOTE - SBS TITLE FIX, For those who use SBS web pages to get the URL. My apologies for being both slow on the uptake and blind to the need, due to using my preferred option of GetSBS List for SBS URLs.

Also added a nice Toolbar tooltip feature.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v3.3. See Post #52.

NOTE - Just an update for those who use pcpeak's YTDL CMD files as well as the Dropper. Improvements to the YTDL implementation, plus right-click YTDL Options menu etc.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v3.4. See Post #52.

NOTE - Just an update for those who might like to have a Preview file for each video downloaded. A preview file can serve a few useful purposes, like checking that the download to conversion all went fine. It is not completely foolproof, but serves as a reasonable quick check method. It can also serve well as hint or summary file.

While it should have no impact on the (Dropper) program itself, I also smartened the code up a bit ... reduced a few duplicated elements etc.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v3.5. See Post #52.

NOTE - Bugfix for Preview option, due to a simple flaw in my maths ... didn't think to change one value. This bug meant any videos over an hour in duration caused an error and no preview file was created. Maths ... always hard work for my poor brain. My apologies for any inconvenience, and my only excuse, was that I obviously did not have a longer video on hand when I did my testing.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v3.6. See Post #52.

NOTES - A few visual improvements mostly, but also some niche new features, with the 'pause' in BATCH list being the most useful for some users. The 'pause' allows you to fill the list with downloads, but only process (download) some of the list up to that point ... so handy if you want to set everything up once, but do the downloading in stages.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v3.7. See Post #52.

NOTES - Another Bugfix for Preview option, due to an incorrect instance of 60, which should have been 59, which stopped a preview file being created in some instances.

Added a Batch List Dropbox feature for creating preview files. Drag & drop your source files onto the new Dropbox, then when closing the Dropbox you will get prompted if you want the list processed. You can elect to do it later, which is as simple as opening that Dropbox again and then closing it to get the same prompt. Preview files get created wherever each source file exists.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v3.8. See Post #52.

NOTES - Just a few nice features added, including some minor changes & improvements.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v3.9. See Post #52.

NOTES - Lots of changes, lots of testing ... Did I do it all? ... probably not ... but hopefully all the really important bits.

I got sidetracked and interrupted a few times and came up with more ideas at a late stage, all of which delayed this update a few days ... not least of which was due to issues with my back.

See the version notes for update detail. Enjoy!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List, has been updated to v4.2 at Post #23.

NOTES - Added another FIND option when in Mode 2, which is an online SBS search based on the title specified. This is a FIND option that allows you to ADD a non-existing entry to the local database if desired, or UPDATE an existing one. FIND button is on the right of the 'Video Title' field, with a magnifying glass icon.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Additional notes about the GetSBS List v4.2 new FIND feature usage.

While it might not be obvious to some – if there are relatively few SBS shows you follow, you could use the new FIND option to just ADD to the local database from the results of a title search, instead of using the regular UPDATE button, which takes longer and has a lot to wade through, especially if not used every day.

Another benefit, is where you suspect an UPDATE has missed one or more items, that you can now directly search SBS online for, to ADD to the local database. You may also be able to UPDATE missing or incorrect detail, like Summary and Thumbnail, etc for an existing entry in the database.

Or perhaps you removed an entry by mistake, and want to restore it to the local database, without having to use the UPDATE button process ... especially if the entry was added some time ago.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List, has been updated to v4.3 at Post #23.

NOTES - As is often the case, when you've used something enough times, and see room for improvement (desire it even), you want to improve it if you can, so I did.

See previous post for usage info.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v4.0. See Post #52.

NOTES - Made some improvements to better support youTube videos, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had to re-up URLDown Dropper v4.0.

It didn't look as though anyone had downloaded it, and I did it within a few minutes of the original upload (which got deleted first), but just in case someone did, I am giving this notification.

Check the editing time at the bottom of the download post, to see if you were impacted (very unlikely) .... or the time of this post, as another reference ... even though many minutes have passed now since the re-up. See here for the reason.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List, has been updated to v4.4 at Post #23.

More improvements related to Loading and Searching.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List, has been updated to v4.5 at Post #23.

I fulfilled a request that made good sense.

Enjoy!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does HDS Link Detector still work? I've tried the plugin for both chrome and firefox and i've never seen a popup with the manifest link.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Rathma View Post
    Does HDS Link Detector still work?
    Pretty sure it no longer works, with SBS etc. Plus the plugin now only works in an older version of both browsers in any case.
    Last edited by Tombs; 31st Dec 2017 at 09:21.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    CORRECTION
    In GetSBS List v4.4 in the new improvements related to Loading and Searching, it is incorrectly stated about 'higher number to start at are more recent additions' to the local database. I had forgotten until recently, that the Index list used, is sorted by the 12 (etc) digit ID. That means recent entries are probably all over the shop. I may do something to correct this in a later update.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tombs View Post
    Does HDS Link Detector still work?
    Pretty sure it no longer works, with ABC or SBS. Plus the plugin now only works in an older version of both browsers in any case.
    So is there any way to download from sites that break up their videos into small chunks? I tried tubedigger but it doesn't work for this kind of security. It will only grab one piece and then stop.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So is there any way to download from sites that break up their videos into small chunks?
    I use one of my front-ends (found in this topic) with youtube-dl.exe, but there are many other FE out there ... or just use it from a batch file with the video URL.

In fact, this topic, which used to be about my AdobeHDS GUI program, has for some time now, been mostly about its replacement URLDown Dropper and a few other similar or complimentary programs of mine (GetSBS List, SBS YouTube-DL GUI).

The first post in this topic has some links at the start, and some of those linked posts have other links.

P.S. If you go to the you-tube-dl site, they have a huge list of all the video sites their program works with.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm I tried URLDown Dropper but the command prompt just gives me "Error: unsupported URL" or something like that. And the sites i'm looking for aren't on the youtube-dl supported pages so I guess i'm out of luck. Thanks for all the info though.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm I tried URLDown Dropper but the command prompt just gives me "Error: unsupported URL" or something like that.
    That would be an error message from youtube-dl.exe, so it would indeed seem your URL is not yet supported or is wrong in some way.

And the sites i'm looking for aren't on the youtube-dl supported pages so I guess i'm out of luck.
    It would seem so, but it may just be a matter of waiting for eventual support, and perhaps something you can hurry up maybe, by contacting youtube-dl support.

Thanks for all the info though.
    No problem.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v4.1. See Post #52.

NOTES - Made some more improvements to better support youTube videos, etc for uninterrupted batch processing.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v4.2. See Post #52.

NOTES - Added some support for alternate title with SBS etc videos. It requires manual editing of the Batch List to achieve the goal.

You really only need to do such editing, if you know there is going (likely) to be a Title conflict, where a video download may get skipped or overwritten, because it will seemingly already exist at destination.

Example of use in Batch List. Note the pipe '|' character between URL and alternate Title.

URL | Video Title 1
    URL | Video Title 2
    P.S. The pipes don't need to have a space either side, but that looks better in this post.
    Last edited by Tombs; 31st Dec 2017 at 09:23.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v4.3. See Post #52.

NOTES - Added some fixes for when the destination path plus file name are too long.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v4.4. See Post #52.

NOTES - For several days now, youtube-dl.exe has not been working with a certain site's videos, so I have created a SPECIAL VERSION of the program, requiring a 3rd party program (xxx.xxx.streamgen.zip) developed by ryley (a member of Whirlpool Forums). This additional program, is only required for the problem site's videos, until youtube-dl.exe is fixed to support the new format used by that site. With this version, thumbnail files, subtitle files and summary files are not downloaded for the videos, and at times the video title will be different to how it would have been previously.

By default, this new PY download method, is not enabled. So if you wish to get the problem site's videos, while unsupported as is by youtube-dl.exe, then go to the 'Other Options' menu and enable the first entry at top (Use the PY download method). The youtube-dl.exe program is still required for the downloading, but the python program (xxx.xxxx.exe) gets the necessary manifest data for it, in place of it doing so itself. The xxx.xxxx.exe program and all dependency files that come with it, need to be in the XXXpy subfolder of the URLDown Dropper folder. First use of this version of the Dropper, will automatically create the XXXpy subfolder.
    Last edited by Tombs; 31st Dec 2017 at 09:26.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Important Update
    That nice fellow ryley, has created an unofficial version of youtube-dl.exe, which is available here. Info here and here.

Essentially, this means you can go back to business as usual, by disabling the 'Use the PY download method' in the 'Other Options' menu (if you enabled it).

Just be aware, that the program Updater (if you later use it), will restore the official version, and overwrite ryley's version ... meaning you lose the abilities he added for the problem site's downloads.
    Last edited by Tombs; 31st Dec 2017 at 09:28.
    Quote Quote