VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

Anyone know any program other than RIPBOT264 (It seems to be the only one) that can encode using TARGET SIZE FIXED ??

I want 100mb give in 5Mb, 500Mb in 5MB, 1.2GB in 5MB, any size in 5MB (Example ok?).

You can also lcommand line too.

Anybody know?

Thanks,

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  2. File size is proportional to bitrate:

Code:
    file size = bitrate * running time
    So any encoder that supports bitrate based encoding, essentially all of them, will work. Use a bitrate calculator if you can't do the math yourself.
    Last edited by jagabo; 21st Oct 2016 at 10:42.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    File size is proportional to bitrate:

Code:
    So any encoder that supports bitrate based encoding, essentially all of them, will work. Use a bitrate calculator if you can't do the math yourself.
    Jagabo, the problem is that I need all to be the same size. No matter quality / resolution size. Just need to fit in 5MB.

I need to send for a special site and this is a limitation.

Try Handbreak / Vidcoder and nothing. Only RIPBOT264, but a i need other.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Jagabo, the problem is that I need all to be the same size. No matter quality / resolution size
    The formula doesn't contain quality or resolution. It's independent from that.

Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Try Handbreak / Vidcoder and nothing.
    In VidCoder: encoding settings->"Video"->"Target Size" (2pass recommended)
    Doesn't work?
    Note that there is probably some limit to what's possible depending on video resolution, fps and duration. Also the audio format is important. AC3 640kbps will already take 4,5 MB for one minute for example.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    File size is proportional to bitrate:

Code:
    Jagabo, the problem is that I need all to be the same size. No matter quality / resolution size.
    The quality, frame size, frame rate, codec, etc. have nothing to do with it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    In VidCoder: encoding settings->"Video"->"Target Size" (2pass recommended)
    Doesn't work?
    Note that there is probably some limit to what's possible depending on video resolution, fps and duration. Also the audio format is important. AC3 640kbps will already take 4,5 MB for one minute for example.
    Vidcoder/Handbreak dont work. Try various settings. RIPBOT264 work.

Very strange.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Vidcoder/Handbreak dont work.
    What does that mean? Error message? File too big? File too small? Post MediaInfo of input and output file if the target isn't hit.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Vidcoder/Handbreak dont work.
    What does that mean? Error message? File too big? File too small? Post MediaInfo of input and output file if the target isn't hit.
    Thank you all.

RIPBOT264 make job for few videos, other higher videos no (give me x264 [error]: requested bitrate is too low. estimated minimum is 21 kbps.)

No error at all, only exceed determined size stipulated for me.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  9. You didn't answer my question about VidCoder but like I said: there's a limit to how small you can make your files. For very long and/or high resolution files you can try to reduce Framerate (fps) (in "video" tab) and resolution (in "filter" tab) but still - only so much you can do.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Note that the inaccurate file size doesn't mean the above equation is inaccurate. It means the encoder did not deliver the requested bitrate. That can happen if you specify too low a bitrate or too high a bitrate, or if you have placed other limitations on the encoder (min/max quantizers, # of keyframes, etc.).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You didn't answer my question about VidCoder but like I said: there's a limit to how small you can make your files. For very long and/or high resolution files you can try to reduce Framerate (fps) (in "video" tab) and resolution (in "filter" tab) but still - only so much you can do.
    Yes, I try this in both softwares. biggest size file.

Note that the inaccurate file size doesn't mean the above equation is inaccurate. It means the encoder did not deliver the requested bitrate. That can happen if you specify too low a bitrate or too high a bitrate, or if you have placed other limitations on the encoder (min/max quantizers, # of keyframes, etc.).
    Yes, I see and learn.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  12. You didn't do what I said in post #7.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You didn't do what I said in post #7.
    Yes mate, make it:

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  14. No.
    Post MediaInfo of input and output file if the target isn't hit.
    Quote Quote