VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a TS video with problems. The video contains commercials that are a different resolution and bit rate than the main video.

The TS video won't play in VLC, Avidemux, or most of my other players. It will play if I re-encode it to MP4, but the audio is out of sync with the video.

The TS video will play in SMPlayer and FFplay, and the audio is in sync until it gets to commercials. After commercials the audio is delayed--the amount of delay is close to the length of the commercials.

In SMPlayer, the elapsed time is shown on the toolbar. The total video time is not shown--it stays at 00:00:00--and the slider doesn't work. I can move forward or backward in the video using the keyboard shortcuts. The elapsed time works until it gets to commercials, where it gets stuck. For example, some commercials start at 36:02. While the commercials are playing, the elapsed time fluctuates quickly between 36:02 and 36:03. After the commercials end, the elapsed time advances normally, but the audio is delayed. Using the keyboard shortcuts to go backward or forward a few seconds, causes the audio to get back in sync with the video. It gets out of sync again every time it hits the commercials.

Similarly in FFplay, the TS video plays and the audio and video are in sync until it gets to commercials. And after the commercials, using the keyboard shortcuts to move backward or forward a few seconds, causes the audio to go back in sync with the video.

How do I fix this?

Is there a way to fix it with FFmpeg?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    you lucky if you can play that at least for me, if i get a video with different resolutions in same file, its pretty hard to play or imposible.
    best to handle it its videoredo for my experience, and try to cut useful parts.
    Quote Quote  
  3. VideoReDo couldn't fix it--it stalled or crashed when it got to the commercials.

I was able to fix the video with FFmpeg. I re-encoded to an MP4, and used the -S WxH and -copyts options to make the whole video the same resolution and copy the time stamps from the TS file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TSDoctor should fix it for you. If it is not H264 but standard definition ie mpeg2 transmission then the free program ProjectX wil fix the timing problems. ProjectX interface has been described as toxic! But it is an excellent program for fixing standard definition TS files. TSDoctor will do either standard definition or HDTV but it is payware if that is an issue.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote