VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I shoot with HC-X920 and press the "rec" button I get the camcorder to pause. Pressing the "rec" button again creates a new scene. The scenes are separate and do not playback continuously as it used to be tape camcorders. When I transfer these onto PC the same separateness is maintained. Is there a way I can stitch these files together, so they can playback smoothly without the need to click on every file?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    With most video editors, you 'append' the individual parts of your video to combine them into a single output video.
    AviDemux is one editor you might try. I assume the camcorder uses AVC format.

Other similar editors: https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/video-editors-h264-avc

Some have a 'batch' feature where all parts can be dropped in and combined,
    or a 'watch folder' where everything in it is converted automatically when the folder is selected as input.
    The downside to that is your files need to be numbered sequentially to be joined in the proper order.

Other members here may be able to give you more specific advice or suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The software that comes with your camera may do what you want.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you both, The software bundled with the camcorder has a serious downside. Once you use it to copy files from the camera, you cannot copy again if you need to reload the files. They stay in the camera card but cannot be copied. For that reason I decided not to use itl
    Quote Quote