VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Thread
  1. I know there's 2 sites that are supposed to create this device, one is called ezcap.com and ezcap.tv, and that ezcap.tv is supposedly the official site (ezcap.com being a Chinese knockoff). However, I noticed something off a problem with ezcap.tv. When you go to the USA Orders section of their site, and go to their Amazon.com link https://www.amazon.com/EzCAP116-Converter-Camcorders-Satellite-Supports/dp/B003YGJLWU/...8747493&sr=1-1 I end up getting to a page that says "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.". So I'm wondering, does that mean that ezcap.tv is going out of business? Or does that mean that they are only going to sell through eBay now (the other link on the USA Orders page of their site), so they are no longer going to sell through Amazon? However I'm not sure about the authenticity of their supposed eBay seller though, as if you go there http://www.ebay.com/itm/200623434994?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649 you find that the price is about $136, when the one at Amazon (back when they actually had the product) cost only about $36.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member hech54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Yank in Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Just get the Hauppauge and be done with it.
    http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_usblive2.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you have Windows 10, this might be a good one for you too:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011BSQQLG/ref=pd_cp_23_2?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B011BSQQLG...Y7Q1PNCHZ56WQ5

    not with included software but with virtualdub with huffyuv codec

    you have to tinker around with virtualdub settings such as input resolution, etc to get it to work.
    Last edited by ezcapper; 19th Oct 2016 at 09:12. Reason: huffyuv
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    I know there's 2 sites that are supposed to create this device, one is called ezcap.com and ezcap.tv, and that ezcap.tv is supposedly the official site (ezcap.com being a Chinese knockoff). However, I noticed something off a problem with ezcap.tv. When you go to the USA Orders section of their site, and go to their Amazon.com link https://www.amazon.com/EzCAP116-Converter-Camcorders-Satellite-Supports/dp/B003YGJLWU/...8747493&sr=1-1 I end up getting to a page that says "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.". So I'm wondering, does that mean that ezcap.tv is going out of business? Or does that mean that they are only going to sell through eBay now (the other link on the USA Orders page of their site), so they are no longer going to sell through Amazon? However I'm not sure about the authenticity of their supposed eBay seller though, as if you go there http://www.ebay.com/itm/200623434994?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649 you find that the price is about $136, when the one at Amazon (back when they actually had the product) cost only about $36.
    It does seem like ezcap.tv is giving up on its US operation at Amazon.

    If you want a USB standard definition capture device, there are other options. Like ezcap.tv, Hauppauge also offers support for their USB Live 2 and working software, unlike the cheap junk suggested by someone else.

    The I-O DATA GV-USB2 (available on Amazon) has also been recommended in some recent threads, but the included software and manual are in Japanese. There is an installation guide here: http://iotku.pw/gvusb2-guide/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    it means "not available through Amazon"
    Amazon has no idea what the 'seller' is going to do
    look for it someplace else
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    it means "not available through Amazon"
    Amazon has no idea what the 'seller' is going to do
    look for it someplace else
    As usual you do not understand the situation.

    There are two links given for "USA Orders" at ezcap.tv's website. One is the Amazon link in the initial post, the other is the ebay link in the initial post. Other than that, it is necessary to buy from ezcap.tv to purchase their product.

    Although there are many others selling what appears to be the same device in a similar box, only ezcap.tv sells a package which includes minimal support (driver updates and a user forum) through the ezcap.tv website. To join ezcap.tv's forum, someone has to supply proof that they bought from the main website or one of their US links. Anyone can download drivers, but they are not supposed to work with the look-alike products.
    Quote Quote  
  7. This is not that complicated, these dongles are $10. Just order one, it will arrive in a couple days, see if it works for you. If it didn't who cares
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    I've seen the "Currently unavailable" notice on other products on Amazon that reappear later, probably because Amazon only buys in large quanties. This happened often during the hard drive shortage a few years ago. Drives would show up as unavailable for a while, then reappear (usually at the higher price) a few days or weeks later.

    Another purely speculative possibility is that EZcap may be discontinung the product and slowing down production for something new. Again, leading to not enough product to supply Amazon
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    I've seen the "Currently unavailable" notice on other products on Amazon that reappear later, probably because Amazon only buys in large quanties. This happened often during the hard drive shortage a few years ago. Drives would show up as unavailable for a while, then reappear (usually at the higher price) a few days or weeks later.

    Another purely speculative possibility is that EZcap may be discontinung the product and slowing down production for something new. Again, leading to not enough product to supply Amazon
    Maybe Amazon warehoused the merchandise and handled shipping and payments, but I don't think that Amazon was the actual seller in this case. I think the seller was either ezcap.tv itself or an authorized distributor in the US.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 19th Oct 2016 at 23:15.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    i understood perfectly

    Amazon does not have it, and does not know what the seller is doing, if or when there will be any more in stock

    he has too look someplace else, like back to the oem website, because amazon does not have it

    i did not say to go buy the knock off, or where he might find the real one

    only that amazon is no help.. he asked what it meant (what amazon meant)

    it does not mean ezcapper.tv is out of buisness.. only that he can't get it by ordering from amazon
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Historically, ezcap.tv has always referred US customers to the Amazon link (which is no longer selling the product) and the ebay link (which is charging $136 for a product that used to sell for $36) instead of selling their product directly to those customers. Given that one US source is price gouging, the other US source is sold out and the OEM retail operation has not previously sold directly to customers in the US, I think there is a strong possibility that this product won't be available to customers in the US much longer and they would be out of business here.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 20th Oct 2016 at 01:20.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Historically, ezcap.tv has always referred US customers to the Amazon link (which is no longer selling the product) and the ebay link (which is charging $136 for a product that used to sell for $36) instead of selling their product directly to those customers. Given that one US source is price gouging, the other US source is sold out and the OEM retail operation has not previously sold directly to customers in the US, I think there is a strong possibility that this product won't be available to customers in the US much longer and they would be out of business here.
    There's another possibility. It's that ezcap.tv is not the originator of the Ezcap product, but rather ezcap.com is, and ezcap.tv is just a knockoff. Why else would they sell it at one price through Amazon, and a vastly different price on eBay? Those are the kind of actions I would expect a dishonest knockoff-maker to engage in.

    Just look at the ezcap.com product list http://www.ezcap.com/article_list_94.html and you will notice they sell a LOT of products, while ezcap.tv sells only one or two different products is typical of a knockoff-maker. There's many knockoff-makers in existence (particularly in China), but each one usually only specializes in making knockoffs of a very narrow range of products. Meanwhile a legitimate company usually makes and sells a wide variety of products. This leaves me to think that maybe the makers of ezcap.tv are the knockoff-makers here, and that they have simply been VERY successful in tricking people into thinking that are the originators of the product that they are in fact just ripping off. While the people at ezcap.com are the true creators of the Ezcap product.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Just get the Hauppauge and be done with it.
    http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_usblive2.html
    Is this a legit product from a real company, or just a knockoff of something else, or at least a low quality product made by a generic manufacturer in China that might break after the first use?. It's really hard to tell, because there's TONS of video-capture products out there, and a lot of them seem to come from generic places in China, that don't even put their name on their product.

    How long has this product on the market?

    Is it in widespread use?

    Is its use more widespread than the ezcap.tv product?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member hech54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Yank in Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Just get the Hauppauge and be done with it.
    http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_usblive2.html
    Is this a legit product from a real company, or just a knockoff of something else, or at least a low quality product made by a generic manufacturer in China that might break after the first use?. It's really hard to tell, because there's TONS of video-capture products out there, and a lot of them seem to come from generic places in China, that don't even put their name on their product.

    How long has this product on the market?

    Is it in widespread use?

    Is its use more widespread than the ezcap.tv product?
    EZCap, EasyCap is THE most bootlegged video product on the planet. I've been using Hauppauge products (capture CARDS and capture STICKS) for over 10 years. Just get the Hauppauge from a reputable place and be done with it.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    Is this a legit product from a real company, or just a knockoff of something else, or at least a low quality product made by a generic manufacturer in China that might break after the first use?. It's really hard to tell, because there's TONS of video-capture products out there, and a lot of them seem to come from generic places in China, that don't even put their name on their product.
    Hauppauge Computer Works was incorporated in 1992, and began making TV tuners and capture devices in 2000, so they are an established company and not some fly-by-night outfit. The hardware was undoubtedly made for Hauppaugue by a Chinese company, like everything else similar to it. ...but not all USB capture sticks made in China use the same chips or have the same build quality. Hauppauge also provides the support for its product and bundles its own software with its product.

    Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    How long has this product on the market?
    About six years.

    Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    Is it in widespread use?
    Yes.

    Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    Is its use more widespread than the ezcap.tv product?
    Probably.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 21st Oct 2016 at 01:05.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    There's another possibility. It's that ezcap.tv is not the originator of the Ezcap product, but rather ezcap.com is, and ezcap.tv is just a knockoff. Why else would they sell it at one price through Amazon, and a vastly different price on eBay? Those are the kind of actions I would expect a dishonest knockoff-maker to engage in.
    The ezcap.tv website links directly to the ebay listing, and the Amazon listing, so there is some official connection between the three. However, I suspect the ebay operation in the US is run by an authorized distributor who imports ezcap.tv's products and resells them. The Amazon listing may belong to a different party, who was also authorized to sell them.

    I hope you understand the concept of trademarks as applied to product names. If someone began making a carbonated cola-flavored soft drink and called the product "Pepsi" they would be in big trouble

    Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    Just look at the ezcap.com product list http://www.ezcap.com/article_list_94.html and you will notice they sell a LOT of products, while ezcap.tv sells only one or two different products is typical of a knockoff-maker. There's many knockoff-makers in existence (particularly in China), but each one usually only specializes in making knockoffs of a very narrow range of products. Meanwhile a legitimate company usually makes and sells a wide variety of products. This leaves me to think that maybe the makers of ezcap.tv are the knockoff-makers here, and that they have simply been VERY successful in tricking people into thinking that are the originators of the product that they are in fact just ripping off. While the people at ezcap.com are the true creators of the Ezcap product.
    I think your definition of what constitutes a product is too narrow. If you look at the information on the ezcap.tv website, they admit that they don't make the hardware they sell, but they do legitimately make a product. A computer product is often more than just hardware. It is a combination of hardware, software and support, bundled together. As another example, both Micomsoft (a Japanese company) and Startech (a Canadian company) buy a couple of their of their capture devices from Yuan (in China), but the two companies use different names for their products, bundle different software with their products and support their respective products themselves.

    ezcap.tv's hardware is decent quality and uses the same components from one unit to the next, plus they supply minimal support, which is more than can be said about the generics. There are lots of differences between the generic "Easycap" devices, both hardware and software, and no support is provided.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 21st Oct 2016 at 00:58.
    Quote Quote  
  17. [QUOTE=usually_quiet;2463665]
    Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    ezcap.tv's hardware is decent quality and uses the same components from one unit to the next, plus they supply minimal support, which is more than can be said about the generics. There are lots of differences between the generic "Easycap" devices, both hardware and software, and no support is provided.
    There's ezcap.com and ezcap.tv. It seems everybody assumes ezcap.tv is official, but maybe it's ezcap.tv that's the bootleg, and the original product is the one actually being sold at ezcap.com. Do you have any proof that ezcap.tv actually is the original? Their shady behavior of selling it at one price on eBay but at a different price on Amazon, seems to suggest that ezcap.tv may not be legit.

    Also, ezcap.com sells a lot more products, making them at least seem to be more likely to be a legit company, rather than a bootlegging outfit. Meanwhile, ezcap.tv sells only a couple products, making it seem like they are just bootlegging the 2 best products made by ezcap.com and pretending that ezcap.tv made them.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    ezcap.tv's hardware is decent quality and uses the same components from one unit to the next, plus they supply minimal support, which is more than can be said about the generics. There are lots of differences between the generic "Easycap" devices, both hardware and software, and no support is provided.
    There's ezcap.com and ezcap.tv. It seems everybody assumes ezcap.tv is official, but maybe it's ezcap.tv that's the bootleg, and the original product is the one actually being sold at ezcap.com. Do you have any proof that ezcap.tv actually is the original? Their shady behavior of selling it at one price on eBay but at a different price on Amazon, seems to suggest that ezcap.tv may not be legit.

    Also, ezcap.com sells a lot more products, making them at least seem to be more likely to be a legit company, rather than a bootlegging outfit. Meanwhile, ezcap.tv sells only a couple products, making it seem like they are just bootlegging the 2 best products made by ezcap.com and pretending that ezcap.tv made them.
    I guess you don't know how trademarks work after all.

    ezcap.tv says they own the trademark on the EzCap name. If other companies use that name on their many similar products, they would be considered knockoffs.

    [Edit]ezcap,tv's trademarked name is "ezcap", all lower case, my mistake.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 21st Oct 2016 at 10:18.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    There's ezcap.com and ezcap.tv. It seems everybody assumes ezcap.tv is official, but maybe it's ezcap.tv that's the bootleg, and the original product is the one actually being sold at ezcap.com. Do you have any proof that ezcap.tv actually is the original?
    No, ezcap.tv is not the bootleg..... I purchased THIS DEVICE directly from them here in the UK. Came with software as advertised, and I was able to register onto the forum.

    Works very well - although I prefer to capture the audio independently (the internal AC97 audio circuitry is not that good IMHO). It does meant re-syncing the audio in post, but that's no big deal...
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads