VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello
    I like to play movies on my LG tv in my bedroom.
    I play them from a portable hard drive which I plug into to a USB port.
    As my LG tv is now 3 years old I want to get a new one. (mainly as the remote is so hard to use at night)

I like the sound of the Web OS 3.00 as it seems to have a good use interface and the magic remote looks great with not many buttons.

I like to fast forward and rewind my videos and jump ahead to various places that I may have missed (If I fell asleep in bed)

So has anyone got one of the new 2016 LG tv's with Web OS 3.00 and does it do what I want as above.
    Last edited by Digmen1; 16th Oct 2016 at 04:06.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your post is a little bit confusing. Samsung uses Tizen in their smart TVs. LG's new smart TVs use WebOS 3.0. Which one are you asking about?

One word of advice: Find out if there is a wireless keyboard with a touchpad that is compatible with the TV that you want if you plan to go online with it. The manufacturer's own models are pretty expensive, but a third-party device may work fine. The inexpensive non-illuminated Logitech K410 worked well with my mother's 2015 Samsung (Tizen) Smart TV. The Logitech K830 illuminated living room keyboard was nicer, but more expensive.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 15th Oct 2016 at 20:46. Reason: repeated a word
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Woops

I meant LG's Web OS 3.00 (not Tizen)

But I could also look at a Samsung tv if its interface was better.
    Last edited by Digmen1; 16th Oct 2016 at 04:07.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!