VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello all,

Thanks a lot for this site first of all, it's a great resource. I'm looking at ripping a fairly big collection of DVDs (more than 2,000 for sure), In order to simplify the workflow and given that hard disk space has become somewhat easy to attain I'm thinking of the following:
    1) Create a VOB library avoiding any kind of compression: 2 reasons behind this, I don't want to spent the time, subtitles, etc. + I want to maintain the extras/menus as originally intented.
    2) Make this library accessible via a media server across all devices in the house: PC, Mac, iPad via wifi.

I have already start working on (1) which is a fairly easy task but I want to make sure that (2) works before I invest on it. My thinking is to buy a Synology type of server, but is it guaranteed that I will be able to access VOB type files from different devices (PC, Mac, iPad - PC & Mac is a must) over wifi and with what software?

thank you in advance,

Panos

2. Member
    Search PM
    (I'm going to also post this threat on Streaming)

3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    PanosK, Do not post the same topic on several forums.
    Please do not cross post, once is enough.

Continue in: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/380786-VOB-library-accessible-across-devices

Moderator redwudz