VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So i demuxed the Original DVD Movie File in order to gain the langauge ac3 file. I then proceded to demux the same Movie in better quality from a Mkv file. The DvD is pal (Gspot 25 fps) while the mkv file was 23.97 fps. I therefore tried to demux the mkv file via AVStoDVD and set the Fps output to 25. The now gained m2v file was indeed 25 fps however after joining the m2v as well as the ac3 from the original DvD via MuxMan, the resulting Vob files where still not in sychnc (about 4 sec off). Im pretty new to Dvd Authoring so if someone has posted a tut on this that i have overlooked in the search please link me to.
    Thanks for your time
    Quote Quote  
  2. If it's off by the same amount all the way through (a constant delay), then find out what it is exactly (by using a player where you can change the delay on the fly, one such as MPC-HC). Once you know the amount of the delay, fix it permanently in the AC3 file using DelayCut. Then reauthor and hope for the best.

If the delay isn't constant (is progressive or jumps to different delays as the movie progresses), then I'd say forget about it as it's more trouble than it's worth..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    fix it permanently in the AC3 file using DelayCut.
    It seems that fixed my problem thank you, on to the subtitle since it should be off as well (about 3200 ms). Which program could i use to preview my subtitle aswell as the audio (AvstoDvd only previes the audio) to see if they are in sync ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I know of no program to change the subtitle delay on the fly as you can the audio. Maybe there is but I've never needed to use one so haven't looked for one. I'd delay the audio again until it lines up with the subs. Once you know the amount of the delay you can fix it permanently using DVDSubEdit. The sub delay will be the opposite of the delay it took the audio to line up with the subs. Here's the manual which has a section on adjusting subtitle delays in DVDs.

http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/UserManual/helpfile.htm

However, you might be better off fixing the sub timings before ever using them to make the DVD. I don't know what format they were before you created SST or SUP files for use in Muxman.
    Quote Quote  
  5. MPCHC allows you to advance/delay subtitles. F1 and F2. The default is 500 ms increments but you can change that.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Good to know. Thanks. That's the player I use but, as I said, I've never needed to do that so I never looked for it.
    Quote Quote