VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

i have a problem with some of my old Video Files.

Short Info:

Found them on a old Hard Drive - i recorded them a long time ago with a DVR Video Camera if i can remember, and convert them to .avi
    I dont know anymore what Software i used back in this days. So i cant tell much about how i convert the Clips.

Whatever, i was about to watch the Clips on a Android TV Device (Nvidia Shield TV) - i like to use Movian as my Media Player on this device.
    The Problem now is, the Video playback is faster than light. As example 1 real second is more or less 5 seconds in the video/clip.

The Video runs also fine on my PC.

So i try the re-convert the Video or Clip in a other Format like a Mp4 and so on. Used some different Converter Software, changed the Framerates, Converted with and without Audio and so on... still the playback is too fast.

Every Mediafile works fine with Movian and Shield TV - its just this Clips i recorded and converted 3 or 4 years ago...

Its frustrating, because family clips are a treasure ... im not able to convert them in a way, so they playback at a "normal" speed.

Please help me, i dont have the knowledge to find out why it is how it is.

By the way, i attached a textfile with the Media Information from the Clip, maybe it helps to figure something out ...

Thank you very much
    Kind regards

PS: Sorry for my english
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    You have AVC-encoded video in an AVI container, which is not a well-supported configuration (as you have discovered with Movian). I would try remuxing the audio and video streams to a proper MP4 container:

Code:
    ffmpeg -i orig.avi -c copy orig.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks !

I did like you say (just had to figure out how this ffmpeg stuff works ) - with your command, it gives me a mp4 now.
    I try to play @ Movian - but the Clip is still fast ...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    You could try forcing a frame rate:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -r 25 -i orig.avi -c copy orig.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

i try to change the Framerate like you say but video is still fast

Hmm, Kodi is able to play this File fine, Movian not. There must be something inside this File, what Movian cant handle.

If i look into the Media Information of the Original Clip, i see "Writing application: Lavf57.51.103".
    If i Convert this Clip in FFmpeg with your Command line, i got a MP4 - well thats the idea - now if i look into the Media Information of the created mp4 file, i still see: "Writing application: Lavf57.51.103".

I have no experience about Video File Converting stuff, but maybe this Lavf57.xx.xxx thing is the problem ??
    Last edited by Cuzzz; 11th Oct 2016 at 11:52. Reason: Typing mistake
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Lavfi is the filter module of FFmpeg. That's not the problem. Maybe it's the low Level of the encoding. Try this:

Code:
    ffmpeg -i orig.avi -c:a copy -c:v libx264 -crf 18 orig.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    No, not working - i tryed but still fast.
    Strange ...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, it is strange and starting to sound like a bug you will have to take up with the author(s) of Movian. Are you absolutely certain you are playing the experiment files, and not the old one?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    Are you absolutely certain you are playing the experiment files, and not the old one?
    Yes, im sure that i always test the new file.

I start also to think this is an Movian issue.

But thank you for your support
    Quote Quote