VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking for a good deinterlacer filter that's fast (so gpu assisted i'm thinking here) because deinterlacing a 19 min full HD video in ~4 hours with qtgmc is not funny (and with gentle settings at that !)
    Thanks for your help guys
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe yadif will be OK for you (quality/speed).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Depends on your definition of "good"

The most common GPU deinterlacers used are intel's QS vpp deinterlace , or nvidia's purevideo deinterlacer . The quality is about on the level of "bob" or "yadif" which might be acceptable depending on the scenario

You can also try speeding up QTGMC with avisynth MT, or do parallel processing of segments
    Quote Quote  
  4. i already use avisynth Mt (edithreads for qtgmc,4 for me) it's slow as hell .
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  5. On my i5 2500K, 1920x1080, 29.97i, Mpeg2Source(), AviSynthMT, no encoding:

QTGMC() 2 fps
    QTGMC(preset=fast) 9 fps
    nnedi3(field=3) 33 fps
    Interleave(TFM(field=1),TFM(field=0)) 36 fps
    TDeint(mode=1) 61 fps
    yadif(mode=1) 208 fps

All CPU based deinterlacers.
    Last edited by jagabo; 8th Oct 2016 at 11:49.
    Quote Quote  
  6. In the world of business, it is often said, you get to pick two of the three: good, fast, and cheap. QTGMC is notoriously slow for SD sources—HD is reportedly 6x-8x slower—but is there a better de-interlacer out there at the slower (default) setting? I suppose one would have to run some tests on 60p footage to know for sure.
    Quote Quote