VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm looking for software suggestions to make Bluray/DVD's with basic menus, which won't re-encode my videos.

I've been trying out multiAVCHD and it's VERY limited in it's features.

Ideas... suggestions...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    There aren't many good choices for inexpensive Blu-ray authoring programs. Maybe TMPGenc Authoring Works.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Multiavchd isn't that limited in authoring,i use it all the time,you just need to have the right type of files installed such as java,AviSynth and lav filters.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    johns0, I don't suppose you have some templates I could take a look at?

I can't seem to find a way to change the font size for the Title List menu either.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can search google for template help,as to font sizes its on the menu tab/font type.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VSO ConvertXtoVideo, Nero Video
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Forgive me, but I still haven't been able to find how to change the font size for the Title List

Doesn't ConvertXtoVideo re-encode?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also think Nero Video is quite good. Their Smart Encoding thingy is a choice by default not to re-encode, but editing will in some circumstances re-encode or not. I think just splitting a clip, and make a transition will let original stay as it is. Applying an effect is on a full clip or you set key frame where you want it - but clip will most likely re-encode.

Premiere Elements is quite good too, but don't feel in control as much over if re-encoding is to take place or not.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have been having problems with multiavchd. it makes the folders but after burning, the disc does not play in the blu-ray player. tsmuxer does a better job but that software is hard if you have more than 1 file, multiavchd can handle multiple different files

is there a way to make the avchd or blu-ray folder structure and then add the files and then burn using imgburn and get it to play on blu-ray players

I see the folder structures always look the same initially but I think there are probably some subtle differences that make it play or not play
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After many days of searching, encoding, burning and testing I finally found a very good system that worked with my Bluray player.

Simply burning mkv files as data files to a Bluray disk works very well (at least after I found out the settings I needed)

I tried many different versions of MKVToolNix, as far back as 3.3.

Steps I took:
    1. Encode .h264 video
    2. Mux with MKVToolNix, starting with MKVToolNix 3.3 and newer
    3. Burn video on DVD+RW try in player testing (pause, fast forward, rewind, chapters, subtitles, etc.)
    4. Repeat 2 & 3 until the video wouldn't play anymore (no pause, fast forward, rewind, chapters, subtitles, etc.)
    5. MKVToolNix 4.1 was as high as it would go. Anything newer simply would not play
    6. Did some searching and found out that there are some default settings that changed in MKVToolNix after 4.1

Somewhere in the documents for MKVToolNix I found some settings that had changed (don't remember where since it was a long time ago).

Now, I've been using MKVToolNix 9.4 with some changes to the settings and it works very well. I haven't tried the newer versions yet because I haven't done any video encoding for some time.

Under MKVToolNix GUI -> Preferences -> Default values -> Default additional command line options -> Check the following checkboxes:
    --clusters-in-meta-seek
    --engage no_cue_duration
    --engage no_cue_relative_position

I know that these are under the "Development hacks", but for some reason, it works. My guess would be that it's because of the age of my Bluray player (Sony BDP-S280) at the time.

My advice... ditch the idea of AVCHD authoring. Most bluray players now play mkv files directly.

Create some short clips, either by encoding them or trimming a small section from existing mkv files (less than 4.7 GB) for testing on re-writable DVD's.
    Simply create a data disk in Nero or Imgburn, add the files you want and burn them to a test DVD+RW (+RW burns faster than -RW, 4x vs 2x)

I hope this helps. What is the make and model of your Bluray player, maybe I can help figure out something that will work.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I have LG BP135 , it plays all files from usb, etc but remember, I may make blu-ray disc or avchd disc for others so depending on how old their player is, they may not be able to play data files

I myself play data files from hard drives all the time

I also have Oppo 103

I wish MKV toolnix had a way to make the folder structure. I also have mkv toolnix that I can use for other reasons

this is about being able to make the folder structure that you can burn and then play in any blu-ray player

tsmuxer forces you to join the files if you have multiple and then the audio/video is out of sync
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by detroit1 View Post
    I have been having problems with multiavchd. it makes the folders but after burning, the disc does not play in the blu-ray player. tsmuxer does a better job but that software is hard if you have more than 1 file, multiavchd can handle multiple different files

is there a way to make the avchd or blu-ray folder structure and then add the files and then burn using imgburn and get it to play on blu-ray players

I see the folder structures always look the same initially but I think there are probably some subtle differences that make it play or not play
    Yes, just make the folders and burn in ImgBurn . . . ? Don't know what you're doing/not doing? (From memory there is an option to not burn using IMGBurn) I always burn the folders created by MultiAVCHD with ImgBurn after testing in Leawo Blu-ray Player.

Try Using the Strict AVCHD option when authoring (I think it forces static menu backgrounds but should produce a more compatible disc for older players)
    Quote Quote  
  13. I always use the strict option and that is giving me the problems

I also always create the folders onto the desktop, then use imgburn to burn ; all failing

If I just have 1 big file, I can use tsmuxer and that usually works; create the avchd folder, then burn

I need to get multiavchd to work since it can handle the multiple files and also handling of multiple files; different bit rates, etc
    Quote Quote  
  14. Sorry. I have no idea what you're doing wrong? I've never had the sorts of problems you describe. One thing is that I always feed MultiAVCH compliant files that have been re-encoded (if necessary) beforehand, I always got audio sync problems when allowing MultiAVCHD to re-encode. Do the authored folders work in, say, Leawo or VLC? Do your burnt discs work in any other blu-ray players that you might have access to? Better quality discs? Burn slower? Add the temporary folder that MultiAVCHD uses and the final folder where it authors to to the list of excluded folders in your internet security program in case that's interfering with things? Don't have anything else running in the background. Maybe uninstall, manually delete any leftovers, re-install in case something got damaged or corrupted? Start with a really simple project and work up? Good luck. Let us know how you get on.
    Quote Quote  
  15. still having problems with avchd and tsmuxer, I took a bunch of files and used other software to join into 1 file. That file looks good and is in sync

If I put into tsmuxer or multiavchd to create avchd folder, it creates but the audio video is out of sync, which is useless

I am wondering if there is a way to take the 1 big file I have and put it into existing avchd folder structure and then burn

both tsmuxer and multiavchd screw it up in terms of audio video sync during the folder creating process
    Quote Quote  
  16. PART 2: maybe an MKV to AVCHD would be better since both tsmuxer and multiavchd just can't keep a joined file in sync
    Quote Quote  
  17. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There's something wrong with your video file if tsmuxer and multiavchd gets them out of sync ,i use both programs and never get sync issues unless the file has errors.
    Quote Quote  
  18. nothing wrong with my files. I used other software to join multiple clips and had no sync problem, it is after taking that 1 joined file that is in sync and putting in avchd or tsmuxer it gets out of sync

I have also used tsmuxer and avchd probably 100 times in the past. If I put one file with ac3 audio into one of those it keeps the sync but when I put a joined file that is in sync made from several other clips, then it keeps screwing up

also, multiavchd is screwing up the folder structure even on in sync files, the folders look normal and burn onto disc but then that disc does not play on my blu-ray players and it does on play on the Leowo Blu-Ray player on the computer, which has always been a good guage to know if it will play on the home blu-ray player

I am trying to now use a a different computer ( laptop ) with Win 10 and multiavchd to see if those folders burn and play
    Quote Quote  
  19. I just took the exact same 2 short files and put them in multiavchd, same version in my other computer(laptop) and then brought the folder over to my desktop and burned and it played

that means the multiavchd on my Win 10 desktop is somehow not creating the folder structure exactly right

I have already re installed a couple times before

does anyone know why this would happen ? My computer is working fine in all other ways and is far more powerful than my laptop

of course the 2nd main issue is trying to use tsmuxer or multi to create the folder from a joined file and keep in sync
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LOL mulitavchd was free and is over 5 years old since the last and final update. win10 sucks so who cares if it or anything else runs on it.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  21. MultiAVCHD works fine on my 64-bit Windows 10 system. Install by running the setup program as an admin (right-click) and set your install location to something like C:\MultiAVCHD rather than C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) (it may already do this). My MultiAVCHD.exe file is 1.53Mb in size and dated 03/05/11 20:33 and is running not as an administrator and with no compatibility settings.

Audio sync has always been a problem with Freeview HD recordings so I've ended up just re-encoding them with Vidcoder, VideoRedo, Xmedia Recode, Hybrid, etc. to an mkv file with ac3 audio. I'd prefer not to re-encode but i'd rather not waste even more time trying to sort out the issues and then probably still have to re-encode. I don't really use MultiAVCHD for any other files so I can't comment on using it with files from other sources. Good Luck.
    Last edited by TimA-C; 2nd May 2017 at 10:42.
    Quote Quote  
  22. sounds like a good suggestion but I checked and my computer has it installed in C:\MultiAVCHD

as far as the admin part, not sure but I will check into that
    Quote Quote  
  23. I installed multi again on desktop as admin but the same problem. it makes the folders but when I burn, it won't play

if I use my laptop multi avchd, it is fine so something in my desktop install of this software is causing the problem but there are no errors, it makes the folders and they look normal
    Quote Quote  
  24. You are using ImgBurn to burn the folders? And ImgBurn recognises that you're trying to burn a AVCHD (or Bluray) disc?
    Quote Quote  
  25. yes using imageburn and just today I took 5 hd files, some 1080 and some 720 and made the avchd folders using MultiA on my laptop and and then burned to 4.7GB DVD and worked great

if I tried those same files using multiA on my desktop, the disc would have failed to play, it would burn like normal, etc but fail to play in the blu-ray players

there is something about the install of Multiavchd in my desktop that is somehow causing an error in the folder structure for both avchd and blu-ray when using multiavchd
    Quote Quote  
  26. Are you sure it's not a problem with your burner in your desktop?
    Quote Quote  
  27. my burners are fine. I have both an internal and an external. I even made the folders using MultiA from my laptop , then copied and pasted to hard drive and then transferred to my desktop and burned the disc and they worked

It is making the folder structure on my desktop that is causing some type of error
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hmmm. Permissions? Internet Security package interfering? Is MultiAVCHD a portable programme? Could you maybe try copying your MultiAVCHD folder from the laptop to the desktop? (Just in case there's a different/corrupted file in one of the tools that MultiAVCHD uses?)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I found the key to using MultiAVCHD successfully is to feed it compliant files. What I do is create compliant files in TMPGEnc Authoring Works. Then feed those files to MultiAVCHD. Create menu structure, etc. Burn with IMGBurn. Compliant and plays in every blur ray player and no audio synch issues. Yes, all on WIN10 64-bit machine.
    Quote Quote  
  30. I can already feed it files on my laptop that make the folders and burn good every time

It is when I use my desktop, no matter what files, the burned folder from desktop will not play

I have been making the folders on laptop and then bringing those folders to desktop to burn and they work

Still don't know why my desktop multiAvchd folders will not play after burning
    Quote Quote