VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have a Mitsubishi WD 73738 DLP television that I am having a problem with. If I turn off the tv, it will not come back on. I unplug it and when I plug it back in a few minutes later, I get the green light flashing at me. I get sound but no picture. Other times, I get a yellow or orange light tat flashes. When this happens, I get nothing, no video or audio. I left it unplugged for a couple of days and then plugged it in to see what it would do. It came on and is currently working well. I have been just leaving it on all the time as I don't want to take the chance of it not coming on again. This has happened 3 times in the past months. One time I turned the TV off and the other two times it went off due to power outages during bad weather,

Another problem I have noticed is a pink splotch if there is a white background on the screen.

Would replacing the chip fix these problems? I have been told that parts for this tv are no longer available from Mitsubishi. I go on eBay and find new chips for sale. I just don't know if a new chip would solve my problem. The tv is great when working so I don't want to buy another if this one can be repaired.

Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The flashing lights are error codes. A quick Google search brings up this page: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/654257/Mitsubishi-Electric-Engineering-Wd-60c10.html...page=29#manual.

Once you narrow down error, head over to avsforum.com where you're likely to find much more help as posters there are more video hardware inclined. The majority of posters here (especially the regulars) are best at video software.
    Quote Quote  
  3. +1 lingyi. AVS forum is a treasure trove of information, although if you haven't been there, be prepared for posts with over 100 pages of replies (or more). It is one of the busiest tech forums I have ever visited.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I just signed up for AVS forum. I will post there too. Thanks for the info.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    T-Con board.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    The gentleman I purchased the tc from just came out and said the color wheel is going bad on the tv. He is going to replace it and bring it back with a new color wheel later this afternoon.

Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it!

Frank
    Quote Quote