VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all, I hope you can help me answer a presumably basic question that I've been unable to find an answer for when searching.

I have started doing screen captures for various demonstration purposes. I would like to enhance them with annotations (notes, arrows, boxes, scribbles, doodles, etc.) to highlight particular points (or correct minor mistakes) and I would like to do so after having completed the recording. I would also like to keep these notes separate from the original video stream, i.e. I don't want to merge the overlay permanently onto the video stream. Ideally, I would include multiple overlays in various languages and the viewer could choose which overlay to view - or none at all (similar to how subtitles work).

Is the above possible? And if so, what tools and formats support it?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Whenever I've seen this done, it was permanent, not user selectable.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Search the web for "video annotation." Here's a product for $20.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Actually you have replied your one question without knowing it, and the solution is subtitles, in concrete ass subtitles. The best tool to do it is aegisub/assdraw, it can be a litle complicated for a new user and for some things can be needed a suport tool. After the subtitle is created you only ned to create a mkv with the files.
    Quote Quote