VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello guys I've been searching for ways to hardsub on mac.
    I use Aegisub to make soft subs with effects like fading but I don't know how to burn them in videos without removing the effects.
    I've tried Handbrake, but it only takes SRT files. And if I convert my ASS files (made in Aegisub) to SRT files, all the effects will be gone.
    I've also tried to add the effects back after turning them into SRT files, but this doesn't work either because I can only save the subtitles as ASS file once the effects are added.

I've been so frustrated. Can anyone tell me how to burn ASS subtitles into videos without removing the effects made in Aegisub?
    Thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How well does Aegisub work on a Mac, currently? I haven't tried it in a long while, but the last time I tried it, it tended to crash a lot (well, it was listed as alpha-level software).

AVIDemux may be able to do it, but I don't know if the effects it supports are still limited (I haven't used it to hardsub (on the Windows side)) in quite some time. I'm wondering if Hybrid and/or iFFMpeg might be able to do it.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    Aegisub doesn't work so well on a Mac. I have to constantly save the file in case it closes all of a sudden.

And I downloaded the AVIDemux 2.6.5 but I couldn't open my subtitles in there (there was no filter available for me to open mine) so I guess it doesn't work.
    I've downloaded the iFFMpeg, but it's kinda complicated and I don't know how to use it.
    I haven't tried Hybrid though, but I think i'd need some help.
    Ahh.. it's so frustrating.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Try muxing the .ass with the video using MKVToolnix and you can hardcode it in HandBrake.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks a lot videobruger. That worked !!
    Quote Quote