VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. QTGMC is appropriate for that one sample you uploaded earlier. But it's usually not appropriate for DVD sources. With PAL video you often don't need any deinterlacing. Or a simple, and much faster, TFM().
    Quote Quote  
  2. I followed that link on QTGMC and downloaded the 4 required files, extracted them and put them into the Avisynth plugin folder.

This is my test script.

Mpeg2Source("VTS_01_2.d2v")
    AssumeTFF().QTGMC()

But I'm still getting "No function named "QTGMC"".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Did you put QTGMC.avsi in AviSynth's plugins folder too?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Another silly question, where do I get that file?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Dead Towel View Post
    Another silly question, where do I get that file?
    What file? The QTGMC.avsi? You've already been given links twice to the page where you can get all you need, including the QTGMC.avsi. The plugin package you downloaded doesn't have QTGMC itself, but the other needed filters. Look at the top right of the page and then get QTGMC-3.33.avsi, or whichever version you want. Or go to the very bottom of the page to get more recent Mods to it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Now getting this error.

Script error: There is no function named "mt_makediff"
    QTGMC-3.33avsi, line 784
    QTGMC-3.33avsi, line 387
    Quote Quote  
  7. Did you put the libfftw3f-3.dll where it was supposed to go? There's a chance you need the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable or Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package or both.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, getting QGTMC setup up the first time is PITA.
    Quote Quote  
  9. drop dvd into handbClick image for larger version

Name:	hanbrake.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	38922rake and make this adjustmeny see picture
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yes, if you want a lower quality deinterlace you can use Bob in Handbrake. Be sure to set the frame rate to 2x the source frame rate too.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hot diggity damn! Tried those settings on Futurama and they worked. Deinterlace on bob and I set the framerate to 59.94.

Next question, what are the best settings to use to get the best DVD quality?
    Quite amazed, the test video was only 144mb, when most of the other rippers I've used come out 500+.
    Is it a good idea to copy the DVD to my hard drive 1st, then encode it?
    Also, how come the DVD source is 720x576, the width option only goes up to 710?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Those same settings in Handbrake won't work correctly with the earlier Red Dwarf script because it gets the field order wrong. It gives very fast-jerky video. Which is why I didn't recommend it earlier.

Pretty much all PAL DVDs are 720x576. The only valid sizes for PAL DVD are 720x576, 704x576, 352x576, 352x288.
    Quote Quote