VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, im new here, my first post, Im new to this video/audio editing stuff, so I shall try to keep it as simple as possible

Im trying for fun to convert som free video/audio samples from DTS HD master and True HD to LPCM.
    Im using HdBrStreamExtractor with eac3to, I think both are latest versions. I open the free sample video file, then I choose to convert the DTS HD mastersound 7.1 to PCM 7.1(im choosing "WAVS" in option), and I do get 8 perfect wav files.... BUT how do I know its looseless and not just a convertion from DTS core? It seems they are looseles as they are 8 separate files, so it must be from DTS HD master?

Bitrate is a bit over 1mbit/second per file of wav, and combined they are a bit over 9mbit/sec....

The reason Im asking is, from what Ive read eac3to DONT do DTS HD master to pcm, only regular dts to pcm, if so how can I get 8 separate files from the 7.1 dts hd master sample. if it only would take the DTS core it would be 6 files only.

I hope im getting true loosless pcm files from dts hd master and true hd samples, but I have no way of check them.

All i can say is that all 8 separate pcm files I get differs, so they are true 7.1, but how do I know its looseless and not just some dts core extraction making 8 files...
    Last edited by jacktherabbit; 29th Sep 2016 at 13:55.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by jacktherabbit View Post
    from what Ive read eac3to DONT do DTS HD master to pcm, only regular dts to pcm
    That is not true. (in the past eac3to needed extra dll file for DTS-HD Ma but current versions already come with a free DTS-HD Ma capable decoder)

In short: don't worry, it's lossless.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks, Sound good to know, Ive suspected it must be lossless as I was getting 8 files that sound different....
    Last edited by jacktherabbit; 29th Sep 2016 at 14:48.
    Quote Quote