VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

i have search everywhere on google and bing on how to convert these m4s files that i have.

im trying to download a video that is hosted on akamaihd which is split into fragments of m4s files

i have tried invidownloader, managed to download all the segments, and combine into 1 single m4s file.

but the conversion feature on invidownloader is not working. it's not converting the m4s file that i have into mp4.

i have tried handbrake and also ffmpeg command line.

when i tried to run ffmpeg -i video.m4s, it says invalid data found.

tried to search what is m4s file about, and google tells me it's a file for a game. :S

please help me!

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. For what it's worth. It sounds like you didn't download all the segments. Even if it doesn't show make sure to start with segment-0 and not segment-1. Without that segment ffmpeg won't be able to know what it's working with.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Have you tried KastorSoft Free M4A Converter V1.11?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Skruyd View Post
    For what it's worth. It sounds like you didn't download all the segments. Even if it doesn't show make sure to start with segment-0 and not segment-1. Without that segment ffmpeg won't be able to know what it's working with.
    thank you very much sir. I digged all google results for that issue, noone mention segment-0. cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by HarkTu View Post
    Originally Posted by Skruyd View Post
    For what it's worth. It sounds like you didn't download all the segments. Even if it doesn't show make sure to start with segment-0 and not segment-1. Without that segment ffmpeg won't be able to know what it's working with.
    thank you very much sir. I digged all google results for that issue, noone mention segment-0. cheers!
    F12 before strating your stream, tab network, you will find segment 0
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HarkTu View Post
    Originally Posted by Skruyd View Post
    did it work bro !? how did you do it!?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi all,

I have successfully downloaded all the audio and video segments from a video steam link with InviDownloader and concatenated the vid segments and audio segments to two single .m4s files which I want to convert and merge into a single .mp4 file, but I can't seem to get the InviDownloader software to convert the files nor join them. When i click the button to run the convert or join command and select the relevant files to begin the process, a window flashes too fast to see anything and nothing is processed. No new files are created so I am sitting with a video m4s file and an audio m4s file but can't do anything with these.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote