VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi There,

I have a couple of questions related to the FloatingMessage.saver file on my Mac. I've personalized the floating screen saver on the mac with my own images, but I'd like to 1) change the background to white instead of black, and 2) export this as a .mov file so I can play it on command.

1) I imagine the image background could be tweaked through command line somehow ("imagine" being key here - I'm very new to command line work, things like image magick, etc.) but I've really no clue. Any suggestions?

2) I've converted .quartz files into .mov files before (though I have no memory of how I did this...I guess quicktime or some online conversion site?) but I can't seem to find much on the internet about .saver files. Anyone?

Thank you!

Best,

Kayla
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    .saver files are presumably program presets to that specific screensaver app. So don't expect to find a conversion app.
    What you need is a machine with hdmi out and an external hdmi capturing solution (either a capture device like elgato or a capture card/port on another computer.
    Play on the one, record on the other.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    You could give the QuickTime Player screen recording feature a try. I don't know if it works on screen savers.
    Quote Quote