VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just installed x264vfw and am trying to render in Vegas13 Pro.

The rendered video ends up having the first second frozen. But the runtime of the video is the same which means the last second of the video ends up being cut off.

Not sure how to troubleshoot this....
    Quote Quote  
  2. First render uncompressed or with a lossless codec and verify the problem isn't in Vegas.

Then try:

Enabling the VirtualDub hack.

Enable Zero Latency.

Output to an h.264 elementary stream instead of AVI.

Disable b-frames (you'll get less compression).

Combinations of the above.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, a combo of zero latency and virtualdub hack worked.

But, how do I actually render it as an mp4 too? I noticed the vids are saved in the AVI container.
    Quote Quote  
  4. VirtualDub has the ability to use external encoders and muxers. There are threads around here with instructions. For example:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/367446-Virtualdub-External-Encoder-feature
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you referring to frameserving from Vegas to virtualdub and then rendering in mp4 x264 with vdub?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Oh, sorry. I forgot you are rendering from Vegas, not VirtualDub (most people using x264vfw use it with VirtualDub). I don't use Vegas so I don't know how to get to to render to MP4 with x264vfw.
    Quote Quote  
  7. x264vfw has output option to write mp4, but then you have to handle audio separately.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    x264vfw has output option to write mp4, but then you have to handle audio separately.
    I had always assumed it only wrote elementary streams but, you're right, I just tested it and if you name the output file whatever.mp4 it creates an mp4 file. But since the OP will have to mux the video and audio later it may be easier to just write an elementary stream -- since most mp4 muxing tools require elementary streams as input.
    Quote Quote