VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Before there was a way to keep the video file from changing the window size upon playback. I keep finding old threads saying "Aspect ration > fit to window" but this option is gone with the latest version of PotPlayer and I don't know what to do.

It's really annoying that the video file changes my player window size. I would appreciate it if someone helps me out.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't use Potplayer regularly but I had a look and found two settings.

General/Startup: There's a "Window size" setting. If you set it to "custom" you can specify whatever size you like. That's the size for the player to start up without opening a video.

Playback: There's a "Default window size" setting, once again with a "custom" option. That seems to determine the size of the player window when a video is opened. If it's different to the aspect ratio of the video you'll have black bars as required to keep the correct aspect ratio for the video.

Setting those two options to "custom" and the same size should cause the player to open that way when it's run without opening a video, and stay that way when you do open one.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I did this and it works. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by LAMBDA471 View Post
    Before there was a way to keep the video file from changing the window size upon playback. I keep finding old threads saying "Aspect ration > fit to window" but this option is gone with the latest version of PotPlayer and I don't know what to do.

It's really annoying that the video file changes my player window size. I would appreciate it if someone helps me out.
    I have the same problem but suggested settings are not there.
    Sword is no substitute for kitchen-knife.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I also have this same issue, would like to prevent pot player changing it's window size after playing a different video which has different video resolution settings or what not.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by rajhlinux View Post
    I also have this same issue, would like to prevent pot player changing it's window size after playing a different video which has different video resolution settings or what not.
    1. Open up Preferences (default shortcut is F5)
    2. In the menu tree on the left, navigate to Playback
    3. Default window size should be at the top, set that to Do not use
    Quote Quote