VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dear all,

Yesterday, I finished an *.ass file in Aegisub and tried to embed it into a video using Avidemux. First result: Two texts overlaying with extreme trembling of the lyrics (it was smooth in Aegisub) – however, wondrously, I cannot reproduce this issue. If I now try any codec or output format, I get the comments (only containing \k tags) in the foreground whereas the actual animated lyrics are in the background. The preview of Avidemux, however, shows me the correct display without the comments.

I used Avidemux 2.6 and 2.5.6 (since I read about some issues in 2.6) with the recommended codecs (Xvid etc.) and output formats (AVI, MP4 etc.) and get the same result every time. Only if I just copy the video without any codec, I simply get the comments without any animated lyrics.

Before I try any other codec pack, embedding software etc., I want to know if this is about Avidemux or the *.ass file created in Aegisub. I don't think the effects I used are too complex – they should be quite standard. Maybe, I'm just dumb and you can find my mistake?

Thank you all in advance! =)

Kind regards,
    Kero
    Quote Quote  
  2. The issue is also occuring when I use VirtualDub with the VSFilter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Without a copy of the subtitle file, nobody here will be able to help you.

We don't use crystall balls.
    Quote Quote  
  4. In my first post, I posted a link to my file on Dropbox along with two other files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1og4aduay4f5tk/Kansha.ass?dl=0

If you can't see it or if external URLs are against the forum rules, I'm sorry. I just uploaded the *.ass file with this new post.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote