VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone,
    I've recently been struggling with getting a .sup subtitle file synchronize with the video. I tried using SubtitleEdit but it uses OCR to convert images into text all I want to do is just change the timing keeping other settings as it is.

I used SubtitleCreator but it gives the error that the file is not a valid .sub file. DVDSubEdit asks for a .ifo file which I don't have (I extracted these PGS subs from another video file).

Can anyone help me in changing the time of these .sup files?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, a way to do it is just let SubtitleEdit OCR the sup into text (don't worry about wrong characters and spelling). Save this srt file and secure it so that you'll always have the proper source timings in case you screw up/get lost in the next step.
    Open a copy of it in SubtitleEdit. Import the video you want to sync it with. Try, using only framerateconversion and/or delay settings, to match the subtitle with the video. Write down the right settings.

Then open the source sup into BDSup2Sub and apply your found settings in the conversion window. Then export to new sup file.

Hopes this will work for you.
    Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  3. Then open the source sup into BDSup2Sub and apply your found settings in the conversion window.
    Or open the .sup again in Subtitle Edit and in the OCR window:

Right click -> Import new time codes (select the edited .srt)
    Right click -> Export -> Blu-ray sup
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post

I never knew this was possible. Thank you videobruger.

Seeing the settings that must be chosen in the SUP export window, isn't there a chance the export progress changes the sup size and horizontal/vertical alignment settings that OP says he wants to keep? I'm thinking of different bottom and center offsets that a sup can have, and also the size that probably will be changed because you have to pick one of the fixed video resolutions?
    Quote Quote  
  5. and also the size that probably will be changed because you have to pick one of the fixed video resolutions?
    Subtitle Edit uses the images "as is". You may change how they are displayed in a player using a different resolution than the original. For a "non-fixed" resolution use the three dots to choose a custom resolution.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again for your clear explanation, videobruger.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    Well, a way to do it is just let SubtitleEdit OCR the sup into text (don't worry about wrong characters and spelling). Save this srt file and secure it so that you'll always have the proper source timings in case you screw up/get lost in the next step.
    Open a copy of it in SubtitleEdit. Import the video you want to sync it with. Try, using only framerateconversion and/or delay settings, to match the subtitle with the video. Write down the right settings.

Then open the source sup into BDSup2Sub and apply your found settings in the conversion window. Then export to new sup file.

Hopes this will work for you.
    Cheers
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    Then open the source sup into BDSup2Sub and apply your found settings in the conversion window.

Thanks for your help @Ennio and @videobruger, that really helped me out and doing it solely through Subtitle Edit was awesome too (thanks for the SE suggestion @videobugger).
    Quote Quote  
  8. @videobugger thank you so much for you explanation and help
    Quote Quote