VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I was hoping to get some help writing an AviSynth script in order to import a Blu Ray video into TVMW 6. The software does not support DTS or THD audio, and video needs to be indexed before or during import. I can potentially convert the audio to PCM, but there will still be a sync issue.

Would it be possible to write a script with AviSynth that would work similar to MeGUI's indexing through FFMS or L-SMASH and then also frameserve audio with matching channels as LPCM? Though I am sure there are alternative software options (including MeGUI itself), I am working on a project through the NLE and want to be able to bring the video into the project with no issues.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Having one long ripped m2ts on hardisk, use eac3to and demux streams, audio change to wav, using eac3to also. Load elementary h264 stream to Avisynth, use good old dgavcindex. Load streams into videoeditor and group them together, hopefully TMPGEnc videoeditor have a function for that. I'd just make ffindex first before loading it into a aplication first, like loading avs into VirtualDub. If ffindex exists, then using it for videoeditor, but not sure how you do it, thru some virtual avi file system ( or can TMPGEnc load avs script directly?). Or better dedicate a hardisk space and use a lossless video stream.

If there is more m2ts and certain playlist still on BD, it changes a procedure a bit using eac3to, it is all on wiki. search "wiki eac3to".
    Last edited by _Al_; 21st Sep 2016 at 13:09.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try avs2avi (it installs a codec and a right click menu in explorer). I've attached it as it's hard to find. Create a script to open the video with ffms or L-Smash (using MeGUI or manually). Right click on the script and select "wrap into AVI". A small AVI will be created.
    I don't think it'll frameserve the audio, but you can convert the audio to PCM (or any type AVI supports), open the AVI with VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod, add the audio and save that as a new AVI using Direct Stream Copy for both audio and video. You'll end up with an AVI slightly larger than the size of the audio stream. You can even edit with VirtualDub before saving the new AVI if you want to.

One alternative is makeAVIS. If you have ffdshow you should find it in the folder where ffdshow is installed. It works much the same way as avs2avi. You create a script and open it with makeAVIS. There's options for including audio.... if you enable it the audio will also be frameserved (assuming the script includes audio) and there's also a checkbox to have the audio muxed into the AVI as PCM.
    ffdshow's video and audio decoders both include AVIS in their list of codecs. If either the audio or video fail to frameserve, try enabling the appropriate one (the VFW Decoder configuration for VirtualDub, or the standard video decoder configuration for DirectShow). It's probably an idea to enable them anyway to reduce the possibility of colorimetry issues. I think the audio is output as 32 bit float, or however it's decoded. If you want it frameserved or muxed into the AVI in a different format such as 16 bit PCM, I think you need to add the conversion to the script before wrapping it into an AVI.

There's a script here for combining video and audio decoded by LSmash. http://avisynth.nl/index.php/LSMASHSource
    Copy it and give it an avis extension and put it in the "installed" AVIsynth plugin folder. Index with MeGUI, save the script, then change the method of opening it from LWLibavVideoSource to LibavSource2. When you open it with a media player such as MPC-HC, you should have both audio and video. The script uses Avisynth's AudioDub() to combine the two, but it helps to automate the process a little. ie

LibavSource2("E:\video.lwi")
    ConvertAudioTo16bit() # optional

One more method: Avisynth Virtual File System
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote