VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, dear all.

I buy for years many dvds / blu-rays at Amazon and other places. Physical medias, physical discs I mean.

But, I find some titles only available on video streaming. HD and captioned. Not available on physical discs. Or not HD on physical discs. HD only on video streaming. I never buy such material. I don't even know if its only streaming ( online mandatory ) or I can download the video on my PC to watch it later.

How does it work buying such material? I can write such material on a dvd / blu-ray media to store it?

I can have it on my PC to watch when I want? And If I need to format my HD or change for a new one and need to erase / cleaning - updating the OS and all my data stored on PC, I still have the right to recover such video later?

I want to to buy the video, but I wanna know exactly how to proceed with such material.

If I can't to burn / watch such video on physical discs later I will not buy it.

Do you know if its possible ( and I don't know if its legal do it too ) to rip subtitles from such videos? They're CC on such videos.

In my own purchased dvd's I can rip the subtitles if I want. In those videos its possible too?

Thanks.

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by devilcoelhodog View Post
    Hello, dear all.

I buy for years many dvds / blu-rays at Amazon and other places. Physical medias, physical discs I mean.

But, I find some titles only available on video streaming. HD and captioned. Not available on physical discs. Or not HD on physical discs. HD only on video streaming. I never buy such material. I don't even know if its only streaming ( online mandatory ) or I can download the video on my PC to watch it later.

How does it work buying such material? I can write such material on a dvd / blu-ray media to store it?

I can have it on my PC to watch when I want? And If I need to format my HD or change for a new one and need to erase / cleaning - updating the OS and all my data stored on PC, I still have the right to recover such video later?

I want to to buy the video, but I wanna know exactly how to proceed with such material.

If I can't to burn / watch such video on physical discs later I will not buy it.

Do you know if its possible ( and I don't know if its legal do it too ) to rip subtitles from such videos? They're CC on such videos.

In my own purchased dvd's I can rip the subtitles if I want. In those videos its possible too?

Thanks.

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    See https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201422770

You can only watch via streaming or by downloading to one authorized device, such as a FireTV tablet. Once downloaded, you have a limited time to watch the video. Amazon's videos are copy protected to prevent making copies from streaming or downloads. Also VideoHelp's warez rules don't permit discussions about decrypting, recording or copying their videos.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 11th Sep 2016 at 14:24. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote  
  3. @ usually_quiet

You can only watch via streaming or downloading to authorized devices like a FireTV Tablet

Thanks for the tips. I do not have FireTV or something like that. And do not want watch it only in streaming way too.

I will not buy some material in such ways.

Best regards.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by devilcoelhodog View Post
    Hello, dear all.

Thanks.

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    See https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201422770

You can only watch via streaming or by downloading to one authorized device, such as a FireTV tablet. Once downloaded, you have a limited time to watch the video. Amazon's videos are copy protected to prevent making copies from streaming or downloads. Also VideoHelp's warez rules don't permit discussions about decrypting, recording or copying their videos.
    Amazon sometimes has the option to buy the video, in which case the following applies:

"Purchased Videos

• Ways to Watch: When you purchase a video, we'll make it available to you to stream and download as follows: ◦ Streaming:You may stream purchased videos online through your Web browser and compatible Internet-connected TVs, Blu-ray players, set-top-boxes, Fire tablets, and other compatible devices. For a list of devices compatible with our service, visit Amazon Video Compatible Devices. You may stream up to two videos at the same time using the same Amazon.com account. You may stream the same video to no more than one device at a time.

◦ Downloading:You may download videos you purchase to two compatible download devices, such as Fire tablets (other than Kindle Fire 1st Generation) and Android and iOS devices. For a list of compatible devides enabled for downloads, go to Download Prime Video Titles. After downloading a purchased video, you may also stream that video as described above.

• Viewing Period:Indefinite -- you may watch and re-watch your purchased videos as often as you want and as long as you want (subject to the limitations described in the Amazon Video Terms of Use)."

However, you still can't legally copy the movie to any offline media.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    IF you RENT a video you have 30 days to start watching it, and 24hrs to finish watching it, IF for some reason you had too stop

IF you BUY a video you can DL to a compatible device, its yours there forever, but if the device fails or is lost, then you have to buy it again IF you want to DL it
    once you buy it remains in your video library for streaming at any time, unless of course Amazon looses access to it, but that is one of the Gotchas of digital buying of streaming media

i also stick to buying disc media, i do stream from amazon prime and netflix, but i do NOT buy online digital media
    Quote Quote