VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all

I need some help as I have run into a weird issue that is probably easy to fix if you know how.

I am editing together my daughter's "first year of life" video clips that we've taken. I have the following formats:

.MOV - taken with my iPhone 6 - H.264 1920x1080x24
    .MTS - taken with a Sony Bridge Camera, these are the majority of the clips - AVC 1920x1080x12
    .MP4 - taken with my wife's MOTO G - AVC 1920x1080x12

Now, all of these clips play absolutely fine on my PC when double clicked and VLC Player runs them.

When I have imported them into my video project, the MTS videos play file. The MOV files play very slowly (although the audio sounds fine) and the MP4 files are super choppy (imagine a bad stream over the internet) but again audio is fine. I am using Sony Movie Studio Platinum

I thought maybe the mix of formats was the issue, so I created a new project with just the MP4 in, and then just the MOV in- same issue. When I render it out (thought maybe it was project preview causing issues), same issue.

Can anyone perhaps explain this, is it a fps thing? Or perhaps point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance
    Last edited by MadiraNofo; 9th Sep 2016 at 04:04.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Latest movie studio 13 ?

So the preview AND output has same issues?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Latest movie studio 13 ?

So the preview AND output has same issues?
    No, version 12.0

And yes, preview is exactly how the rendered version comes out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'd try converting the ones that don't play well with ms12 to a lossless format before using them in a project. install the UTcodec and use ms12 to render them out. then import them all into your project. you'll need a lot of hard drive space but then everything should play together fine.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    i'd try converting the ones that don't play well with ms12 to a lossless format before using them in a project. install the UTcodec and use ms12 to render them out. then import them all into your project. you'll need a lot of hard drive space but then everything should play together fine.
    Thanks, I think I follow what you've said. I'll give that a go
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Personally, I'd convert them ALL to lossless, to make all of them easier/more fluid to edit.
    And I'd make them have the same common frame size and framerate (doubling if necessary).
    THEN edit.
    Then export to lossless master, then convert to final formats (h264-mp4, mpg2-dvd, etc) it will be viewed in.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try AviDemux.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks everyone, with some experimentation I have converted them all and now they preview and render correctly- many thanks
    Quote Quote