VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I stumbled across a post from 2011 wherein users assisted a poster with "grabbing" a license plate number from CCTV video. I have no idea how to do this, and followed some of the instructions to no avail.

Can anyone help me with this process. The owner of the vehicle participated in confirmed animal abuse and needs to be brought to justice. Thank you very much for your time and your talents!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Basically, if you can't already nearly read the license plate, you will not get anything from any image enhancement of a highly compressed video.

And you need to upload the original video, not a cell phone recording of the video playing on a security monitor.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Indeed, it's a trope of fiction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhF_56SxrGk
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I have the same problem - need the number from license plate. Even one symbol will be good.

An example of license plate in the region: Click image for larger version

Name:	nomer_znaki[1].jpg
Views:	203
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	38763 (the last digits can also be 178 or 47, unless from a different locality, which is unlikely).

Link to the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8o9c-Pu5ZGzazU3azZ3TzZ4VHM/view?usp=sharing (that car was passing starting from 21:53:15 according to the video timer, which is located at bottom center).

I think that something can be discerned while the plate is moving inline with the porch. Or, alternatively, can one try to make a screenshot with long exposition while the car is still?

Thank you very much.
    Quote Quote