VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. There are times when I capture streaming video files and you get the odd one that you notice problems when playing it back on the Blu Ray player. The problems are that once you go beyond a certain length of time into the video you can't pause it or you can't fast forward without things getting disjointed. When I check out that file with MediaInfo I find that in the specs for the video part of the file it will have the duration of the video lets say 45 minutes and there will be a line directly underneath saying source duration lets say 17 minutes. So up to that 17 minute mark on the Blu Ray player it will pay just fine, you can fast forward and pause with no problems up that point. Somehow I ran across the solution which is to drop the file into the video to video converter and select "direct stream copy" and let the file be converted. The only thing that changes with the file is that source duration line is gone in the resulting file when you check it in MediaInfo. Then you play that file on the Blu Ray player and no more problems. I am curious though what causes such a problem in the first place.
    Quote Quote  
  2. cause: broken headers in the container structure. Remuxing causes the headers of the container to be recreated and thus fixed the problem.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Selur: Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
    Quote Quote