VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum after a lot reading of your discussions. But I can't find a solution for my problem. I want to convert two ripped BR mkv movies (who are in resolution 1920x800 and DTS-6 sound) for watching them as usual BDR discs in my PS3, and I'm using a lot of different apps for that (AVCHDconvert, BDRebuilder, multiAVCHD, tsmuxer) but with constant same result - my PS3 plays BD-R disc, but only sound - no video! When trying same disc on my PC everything is ok, video and audio are in perfect sync. What I'm doing wrong?

PS: In folder BDMV/STREAM I get two m2ts files, one is the main movie in genuine resolution, but the other is 1920x1080, very small (about few kbs), is that ok?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    1920 x 800 isn't compliant to Blu-ray specifications, but the output from BDRebuilder should be 1920 x 1080 if you haven't strayed from the default settings. And no, it shouldn't be small. This sounds like the main problem.

Take a look at the m2ts files that BD Rebuilder makes using MediaInfo. Use either the Tree or Text views, then paste the results here in your thread.

If that looks ok, then you might just have a picky PS3, that doesn't like burned discs. Are you using ImgBurn to do the actual burn to the disc? And what type of media are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  3. First m2ts file is big enough, and it says it's the main video. The other is in FHD resolution (1080p) and is very small. I get one big and those small file everytime, whatever software...
    For experiment, I have tried regular mkv 1080p movie (1920x1080) and I get only one (big) m2ts file. Everything went ok, PS3 is showing video. Bluray in PS is ok.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You think that m2ts must be strict 1920x1080 to be played on ps3?
    Quote Quote  
  5. There is no problem to play on PS3 various resolutions (frequently encoding own 4GiB movie files to place on PS3 HDD and play on home TV).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    There is no problem to play on PS3 various resolutions (frequently encoding own 4GiB movie files to place on PS3 HDD and play on home TV).
    Actually, I'm talking about ripped Bluray content. Finally I got it. It has to be uncropped to 1080p resolution, so now my burned BD-Rs work flawless!
    Quote Quote