VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Among those of us that just do very recreational captures, there has always been the bargain basement option of the velocap tbox mini. It's a run of the mill H.264 hd capture box that supports hdcp and runs under $47 ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/YK918H-HDMI-HD-HDD-Video-Blu-ray-Recorder-Game-Capture-Box-108...AAAOSwzgRWxYjz ) Useful for capturing from DVR, setup box, etc. and records onto a usb stick. You can choose whether the files split every 2gb (you combine them with AVIDemux ) or don't split (this makes it hard to edit or take very long files off the usb). I am happy to announce that they have made a wonderful firmware upgrade if you own the box: http://www.timeleak.com.cn/en/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=101
    It now defaults to 15mbps variable bitrate for the captures!!!

I did a quick record of video off my computer screen and couldn't tell any differences between the capture and the original source, but I can imagine more dedicated capture enthusiasts would be able to. Anyways the upgrade makes this one hell of $47 box!! For example, The HDML Cloner-box ($100) only does 10 mbps VBR. I have included media info screenshots of the two side by side, you can click on the picture to make it bigger. isn't it crazy we used to pay more than $200 for stuff like this?

The box obviously has limitations such as not retaining the interlacing of the original source, but for video capture hobbyists, they only need to spend $47 to enter the field. Technically, don't even need to use a computer. I think of it as the VCR of our generation.

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Hello.

I have this equipment, exactly YK928R Ver1.0(20150813) on PCB, pretty old, but still in use. Unfortunately I flashed it with firmware I found on internet (cloner-allince, they have the same device), it works, but it limited bitrate to 10mbps, while originally this device was grabbing to 16mbps.
    Can you send me that firmware you mentioned in your post? Link is not working anymore. I wrote to manufacturer but didn't get initial firmware.

What software do you use to grab videos, if you grab to PC? My card originally was delivered with something called 'Tevii' and I wish I had something more functional and with better interface.

[Attachment 47924 - Click to enlarge]

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by matroX View Post
    What software do you use to grab videos, if you grab to PC? My card originally was delivered with something called 'Tevii' and I wish I had something more functional and with better interface.
    I have the same / similar capture box here as named 'HDMI HD HDD TV Video Capture Nano Recording box'
    The included capture software indeed is terrible to use.
    But you can install the capture box as a Hauppauge Rocket PVR device and use their capture tool, that works very well.
    http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support/support_capture.html

You need to remove the included capture software and (manually?) install the included drivers with the Hauppauge capture tool.
    Also in my experience it works best to capture in TS format to avoid A/V sync issues.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	NanoCapture1.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	47937  

Click image for larger version

Name:	HauppaugeDevice.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	47938  

Name:	HauppageRocket1.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	47941  

Name:	HauppageRocket2.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	47942  

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hi thanks, I will try that.
    You hit the point - I bought another software dedicated to this card - HDML Cloner Pro Helper. Its simple, it works with this card, however : A/V sync issues...after 1h of recording 200ms of audio delay is there. Next hour, another 200ms.So delay changes along the file, which is impossible to fix in further postprocessing.

Does your card record to USB and what bitrate of this video will that produce? My was doing 16Mb but after firmware upgrade its 10Mb now, VBR at least but I would like constant 16Mb.

I was trying also in PotPlayer but cannot get audio. Only video appears.

Regards,
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Hi. I'm very glad for info to use Hauppauge Capture software ( I installed hauppaugecapture_1_1_36187). That solved most of my problems. I can record several hours without any A/V sync problems. Max bitrate I can set 17.5Mb (max selectable in software is 18Mb but it hangs app, so I have to relaunch it). I only miss feature to split files during recording after certain size or time. I like very much countdown recording timer (especially needed when no file splitting)

So these are drivers (different than yours) that are working with my card:
    [Attachment 47996 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 47997 - Click to enlarge]

It seems that this kind of box has one manufacturer and was sold under different brands. The problem indeed is with delivered software, each reseller has some OEM software, but it's poor and no updates are comming. The only one which keeps software alive is clonner-alliance.

Now I'm testing Aver Media Live Gamer Ultra - I was missing 1080p60 capture in Velocap.
    Quote Quote