VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Lagarith.

I'm just dropping the AVI and the TS into a sequence, and syncing the start points. But the same issue occurs if I play the TS file in the source monitor (the TS contains both, but I only bothered doing the video through VDub).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    Lagarith.

I'm just dropping the AVI and the TS into a sequence, and syncing the start points. But the same issue occurs if I play the TS file in the source monitor (the TS contains both, but I only bothered doing the video through VDub).
    So if the TS is played directly in PP, it's already out of sync ?

Again, what is this about being in sync with VLC ? was that the TS or the AVI or something else ?

Lagarith isn't really optimized for decoding speed so it might be as simple as it's too slow on your setup

If the frames match up with the source, there is nothing to worry about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The TS is in sync when played in VLC, but slowly goes out of sync over the course of the video when played in Premiere. IIRC. I can't check, because when I try to open Premiere it gets stuck at 'loading ExporterQuicktimeHost'. I had After Effects stop loading at 'loading MediaCore' a few weeks back, spent hours fixing it, and from a quick Google it's the same problem. Don't have the time or energy to try and work out why it's broken again right at this second.

Either way, there's definitely something to worry about, because I caught the issue when watching my finished Blu-Ray. I know sync on my PVR can sometimes be out by a few frames, so I synced up the buzzer at the end of one quarter with the light coming on on the backboard when I was putting it together. Popped in the finished Blu-Ray and found that the audio at the beginning was way out of sync.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    After double-checking, it looks like the TS is actually uniformly out of sync in the source monitor. The AVI using the TS's audio gets progressively out of sync, and the resulting file after an encode retains the sync issues.

Would running the audio through VDub as well do anything?
    Quote Quote  
  5. What is the TS source? If it's a TV/Sat source, then it likely has discontinunites / errors which is why VLC can play it ok, but PP cannot. You can try running it through videoredo quickstream fix or tsdoctor to fix it. You can try re-encoding both audio & video . But the first thing I would do is use avisynth with audio (e.g. use audiodub() to add the audio) , and playback in MPCHC to test for sync, because it's the fastest / quickest test. If it's in sync, then there is 99.999999% chance that re-encoding it with that same script will work for PP and BD. If the script is progressively out of sync (despite shifting/ correcting for a constant audio shift with delay audio in the script), then likely it's from the errors in the source. You have to fix the errors somehow

If lagarith is the problem, then using a lower resolution or faster playback codec (e.g. ut video codec or magicyuv) should fix things for real time playback within PP, but this doesn't sound like it's your problem
    Quote Quote  
  6. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Created the AVS file as you suggested, and that works in MPCHC. Fingers crossed an AVI comes out okay!
    Quote Quote