VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am a newbie to this forum and am hoping I can get some insight and assistance with an issue I am having. I wrote a script that takes all of my captured videos (.avi) and converts them to mp4 using ffmpeg. When I run the script by double clicking the file, it runs good at about 45 FPS using about 85% of my CPU. I created a task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler and when I run the file from there, it only converts between 1.5-2 FPS utilizing only 3% of my CPU and I have no idea why. Obviously, that conversion rate is not acceptable. Here is the script file which also shows all the ffmpeg parameters I have passed in:

@echo off
    for %%a in ("D:\Aaron Cirlin\Videos\Captured Movies\*.avi") do "C:\Program Files\WinFF\ffmpeg" -y -i "%%a" -itsoffset 0.765 -i "%%a" -map 1:0 -map 0:1 -crf 20.0 -vcodec libx264 -filter:v scale=1280:720 -preset slow -acodec libvo_aacenc -ar 48000 -b:a 128k -coder 1 -flags +loop -cmp chroma -partitions +parti4x4+partp8x8+partb8x8 -me_method hex -subq 6 -me_range 16 -g 250 -keyint_min 25 -sc_threshold 40 -i_qfactor 0.71 -b_strategy 1 -threads 0 "D:\Aaron Cirlin\Videos\Movies\%%~na.mp4" & del "%%a"
    pause

Does anyone know why it would that much slower via the Task Scheduler?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you set any cpu priority in the task scheduler? Maybe it's super low?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That is exactly what it was, thank you so much. The priority level was at a 7. I was able to export the task, change priority level to a 3, delete original task and import the updated xml file when re-creating the task. It worked like a charm. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Great!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Consider to enrich your script with command 'START' https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb491005.aspx
    Quote Quote