VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Just looking for region free for DVD side. Had an Insignia and a Sony before. Both played PAL (I'm in USA so Region 1).

Tried all the opening/closing of tray and 76884-ing and 29334-ing that I can stand. Don't work.

Wondering if anyone was successful yet. Gotta be able to watch my terrible kung fu imports and Madventures!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Most Blu-ray players can't be hacked via a remote code, and this seems especially true for Samsung and Sony products. Also, machines sold in different regions can have different firmware which causes a remote code hack that works elsewhere to fail for the N. American version of the same model.

Your best bet is to repurchase this same model already made region free from an online region-free specialty store. These stores may import gray-market goods from another country where region-free players are a local requirement, or install custom firmware, or replace some chips to make the player region-free, so there is no manufacturer warranty.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 27th Aug 2016 at 14:33. Reason: left out Samsung by mistake
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi all, just bouncing this tread up. I tried to make it region free replying other samsung models codes with no success.
    Does anyone has the specific code?
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Super-pag View Post
    Hi all, just bouncing this tread up. I tried to make it region free replying other samsung models codes with no success.
    Does anyone has the specific code?
    Thank you
    No.
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Most Blu-ray players can't be hacked via a remote code
    Quote Quote