VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I regretfully left System US Casablanca editing software and have been trying to use VideoStudio Pro x9, but it freezes up every time I try to do multi-cm with just 2 cameras. I have been working with Corel to correct the situation, but it has been 3 weeks and more e-mails than I can count, and the issue still has not been resolved. I believe I need to cut my losses and move on. Does anyone know of a great editing software that can handle a 6 camera shoot? Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i edit with vegas pro 13 and it can multicam edit up to 32 video tracks at once.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to the forum byprince

The fault here is hardware or the lack of it ... even a fast system will struggle under "live" editing if ill equipped and software even capable of doing such tasks wont make things better cause your only halfway home.

The norm is for multi editing of existing footage.

You can get the DeckLink Quad 2 8-Channel 3G-SDI from Blackmagic for under 1k from this link at B&H

This should enable live editing without system freezing or lockups in the chosen program.

There may be other multi input cards out there cheaper ... a bit of searching should turn a few up.
    Quote Quote