VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. May I ask what method you used to determine the frame rate of a blu-ray disc, given that this never seems to be printed on the box? Presumably material that was originally made for UK TV broadcast is encoded at 25 fps (or 50 interlaced)?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to a new thread. None of the members listed in that old thread have posted in years, so unlikely to get a reply from them.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tdaly View Post
    May I ask what method you used to determine the frame rate of a blu-ray disc, given that this never seems to be printed on the box? Presumably material that was originally made for UK TV broadcast is encoded at 25 fps (or 50 interlaced)?
    To find the number of frames per second, someone has to decrypt the Blu-ray and use something like MediaInfo or ffprobe to find the frames per second in the video.

1080i50 is the same as 1080i25. Some standards (and some programs) count the fields in interlaced video, while others count the frames. Interlaced video stores two fields in every frame, and each field subsequently becomes its own frame when correctly de-interlaced.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 23rd Aug 2016 at 10:34. Reason: typed fields when I meant frames
    Quote Quote  
  4. I see. Thank you for your help.
    Quote Quote