VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi There
    i am editing some footage of my gopro and want to zoom in on a particular part but when i do this the videos quality becomes pixilated and blurry , is there any ways to increase the quality of the zoomed video or sharpen it up so it is not so blurry , i am currently using imovie 10 but if anyone can suggest a better free program i am happy to change to get the job done

Thank you
    Tyler
    Quote Quote  
  2. With advanced filtering/upscaling you can probably get slightly better results than imovie is giving you. The best free tool, AviSynth, runs under Windows and has a very steep learning curve.

Uploading a sample of your source and the zoom you are currently getting might help.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Jagabo

Thanks for the reply , is there an upscaling tool for Mac? also i am just doing the "crop to fill" to get the zoom , is there a better option for doing this?

Thank you
    Tyler
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry, I don't know much about imovie or other mac tools. If you post even a sample image of the source and the zoomed result someone will give you an idea how much sharper you might get. But generally, the sharper the zoom the more artificial it looks. That's often ok for cartoons but not so good for real video.
    Quote Quote