VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi friends
    i dont know if this is the right place or not, so i request to the mod to move the post to its required place,
    my problem is little weired, i have a 7.1 home theater, Yamaha rxv677 amp, samsung blu ray player BDE6500, jamo speakers, etc etc, whenever i play any blu ray which has 7.1 channel output my amp shows 8 channels which works perfectly fine, and when i play downloaded movies from torrent in 5.1 they works fine too, but when i download 7.1 channel torrent mkv file and play them vis samsung bd player my amp shows 6 channels only (5.1), whereas the uploader says the mkv video has 8 channel and 6 channels, then why my amp shows this?
    my bd player settings is in BITSTREAM (Uncompressed) and NEO is off,
    please help me what wrong settings i have
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    1) check the properties of that MKV file with MediaInfo; also consider that a) you MAY have misunderstood what the uploader said, OR b) the uploader MAY have lied to you;

2) read the forum rules again: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/72386-Forum-rules-Acceptable-Use-Policy-(AUP)?
    Quote Quote  
  3. i have downloaded mediainfo and saw the details of the file and it says:
    4659 kb/s / 1 509 kb/s / 1 509 kb/s, 48.0 khz 24 bits, 8 channels / 7 channels / 6 channels, DTS (MA /ES Matrix / Core)
    (Sorry for such post but its really annoying for me because people says to set BLU RAY Player to Bitstream and PS3 to PCM
    Quote Quote  
  4. It may use core i.e. 5.1 audio - try to encode track in something like 7.1 aac.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is the player you're using compatible with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1? If it isn't, that could be what's causing it to play the DTS 5.1 track instead. Is it possible the DTS 5.1 is set to default instead of the DTS-HD stream?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by stonesfan129 View Post
    Is the player you're using compatible with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1? If it isn't, that could be what's causing it to play the DTS 5.1 track instead. Is it possible the DTS 5.1 is set to default instead of the DTS-HD stream?
    brother if the player is not set to DTS then how my blu ray disc containing 7.1 is playing in 7.1,
    i have set my player to bitstream uncompressed, and there are options
    1. PCM
    2. Bitstream (Uncompressed)
    3. Bitstream (Compressed)
    Quote Quote