VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. i am using verbatim blank blu ray from 2011, for my home videos, i am using BDR LTH TYPE 25GB Jewel Case blank blu ray which i bought from local store or amazon.com (i dont remember), i have made my brother wedding video, edited and burned on this disc, it was working great till january 2016, i used to play the disc for guests, and today after january 2016 i tried to play it on my blu ray player but it says blank, and ejected, then i tried my laptop, external blu ray writers and many more players but its not showing me anything, i have checked the surface of the disc, there is no scratch or finger print, its crystal clear and on the top of the disc is also clean, i dont know what happen, please help me out and make me recover those videos from the disc so that i can create another one, this is the only disc of my brother wedding, i dont have any other copy or video , please do help me

Thanks

2. Member
    Search PM
    We don't recommend the LTH version of Blu-ray discs. This is one reason why.

You can try to recover the data using ISOBuster. Good luck.

Search Comp PM
    As with ALL of computer data, you should have at least one backup copy, preferably on a different media type. In the case of video, assuming you edited the video/created the disc yourself, keep a copy of the source video (unedited) for future use.
    Google is your Friend

4. Mentally Deficient Mr.Delusional's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think amitabhbansal, may be suffering from alzheimer's.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/378829-Verbatim-25-GB-Blu-Ray-Not-working-%28
    This film is presented in it's original 2.35:1 aspect ratio. The black bars at top and bottom are normal. (it's you that isn't normal)

5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Mr.Delusional View Post
    I think amitabhbansal, may be suffering from alzheimer's.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/378829-Verbatim-25-GB-Blu-Ray-Not-working-%28
    I seem to be consistent on advice at least. But if ISOBuster isn't working for him, he's in deep sh*t trying to recover any information from these discs.

6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    About 3 years ago I purchased a number of spindles of bd-r media. At the time, I did not know about the LTH media or the associated issues and by the time I found out, it was too late to return the media. I didn't even know they were LTH discs at the time I purchased them. They were very problematic once I started using them. Would not suggest using them to my worst enemy. The remainder sit unopened on a shelf in my room.

Brainiac

7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    amitabhbansal, Do not post the same topic on several forums.
    Please do not cross post, once is enough.

Continue in: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/378829-Verbatim-25-GB-Blu-Ray-Not-working-%28?p=244...65#post2447265

Moderator redwudz