VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I am ripping an old TV series from my DVD collection to my NAS - I can rip to any format you like as my media player will handle just about anything.

The problem I have is the vobsub subtitles are hard of hearing type and I would like to convert them to dialog only. This would be easy if they were SRT but I would rather leave them as vobsub than go through the tortuous and time consuming route of converting to SRT.

Is this at all possible? If not I might look for them on a subtitle site and be done with it but if it is possible I would appreciate any help. The series is a 4 disc set of the complete SciFi program Earth2 sadly it's only 4:3 but thems the breaks.... Thanks
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can use DVDSubEdit to get rid of the hard of hearing stuff.

http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/Guides/HearingImpaired/guide.htm

When all done you can then extract the modified VobSubs. I've never used it for this myself but the guide seems pretty good.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a lot. This will make the job a tad easier for me...
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote