VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im looking for some user friendly and/or easy-to-use video editing softwares, both free and paid versions to sort of create an overview on my alternatives.

Im a simple youtuber who want to have some easy effects on my videos. Im doing some easy let's play videos on some games and some other tutorials, so i would be using a lot of text and picture effects. Nothing too advanced or so, but still not too newbie softwares either, so softwares like WMM etc. are probably not what im looking for while Lightworks probably is too advanced from the looks of it...

Some "easy" requirements for the video editing software would be:
    - able to add simple text, subtitle, picture and fade effects. Examples: 1) adding random circles/notes to a text/button/line/character/symbol/etc in the video that people should notice/be aware of, 2) those typical long subtitle texts, meaning that if i am shouting "RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!" in the video, the subtitle text would be like going out of the window or something like that. Im sorry for my bad explanation on that, but i hope you understand what i mean.. and 3) add a simple picture like a reference photo or such.
    - good export options (being able to export in mp4 format etc.)
    - not too advanced to use

Previously, i've used Vega Pro and Pinnacle. Are there softwares that are better/easier to use than those, or?

Many thanks for the help in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Pinnacle and especially Vegas Pro are both excellent. Both are relatively easy to use if you stick to doing the things you want to do rather than getting overwhelmed by the things you can do. No need to learn it all in one sitting.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VideoStudio Pro X9.5, much smaller learning curve than Vegas and a good forum: http://forum.corel.com/EN/viewforum.php?f=1 ,if you have problems. Pinnacle is also a Corel product, but not as good as VideoStudio.
    Last edited by pepegot1; 15th Aug 2016 at 16:10.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will check out VSPX9.5 to see how that will work.

If not, I will probably just go back to Pinnacle/VP again... heh.
    Quote Quote